Spring Vixen II

Posted by david fletcher on Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:59 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 16 posts | 
Another from that session.  Different part of my garden away from the Bluebells.  Cloned out a small bit of grass.  This Fox is clearly used to humans.  Is new to me as was the first time I'd been in the garden with it.   First seen last month after a recent home move. 

Original file has more space, as was my first post.  Matter of taste and choice, sometime we get right and sometimes not.  :D

Link to high rez ... HERE

D800 1/320 F4  70-200 at 116.  

Hope all well.   Thanks for looking. 
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Carol Clarke on Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:16 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I like this one more than your first image of her, Dave, great foxy pose and angle!  She is obviously suckling cubs from her body shape and the distended teat just visible.  She will be much bolder in seeking a tasty meal around her human neighbours and I hope you have many more chances with her!  Lovely image.  :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:58 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
My what big eyes you have! :) ("The better to eat you....") . A pretty pose-glad to see the rest of her. Good luck seeing her again..looking forward to more photos of her.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Sun May 01, 2022 2:43 am
david fletcher
Thank you Carol and Cindy. Appreciate your thoughts which also gave me a chuckle. My thanks to the Editors for the EP. Appreciated.

NSN00525

by Axel Hildebrandt on Sun May 01, 2022 11:23 am
Axel Hildebrandt
Member #:00941
Great alert pose and low angle, I also find the differences in appearance interesting compared with Cynthia's fox.
Axel Hildebrandt

by david fletcher on Sun May 01, 2022 11:47 am
david fletcher
Axel Hildebrandt wrote:Great alert pose and low angle, I also find the differences in appearance interesting compared with Cynthia's fox.

Thank you Axel.  Definitely, the North American foxes for me, look super cool.  Stripped down to bare bones, they share that deep, defining, Foxy look.   :)

NSN00525

by John Labrenz on Mon May 02, 2022 12:01 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Nice capture Dave.
She looks very determined and on a mission.

by david fletcher on Mon May 02, 2022 8:47 am
david fletcher
Thanks John. Appreciated.

NSN00525

by david fletcher on Mon May 02, 2022 3:09 pm
david fletcher
Carol Clarke wrote:I like this one more than your first image of her, Dave, great foxy pose and angle!  She is obviously suckling cubs from her body shape and the distended teat just visible.  She will be much bolder in seeking a tasty meal around her human neighbours and I hope you have many more chances with her!  Lovely image.  :) 

Carol.

Hi Carol.  She's almost finished lactating the cubs judging by her behaviour and the size of the teats which have lost their swollen look.  (that and she is taking meat away.....I caught an image of her with a sausage and other bits in her mouth.... darn... she's unfaithful already...  LOL).

I've not been successful in full integration into our family yet.  (she will often now bunk down in the garden..  Today she yapped/barked because we were not responding to "feed requests"..  I might invite her in tomorrow for a BBQ....   Ok... As long as she doesn't' scent mark in the living room and can agree what nature program to watch, i feel we have an understanding.   :D

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Tue May 03, 2022 4:42 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
david fletcher wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:I like this one more than your first image of her, Dave, great foxy pose and angle!  She is obviously suckling cubs from her body shape and the distended teat just visible.  She will be much bolder in seeking a tasty meal around her human neighbours and I hope you have many more chances with her!  Lovely image.  :) 

Carol.

Hi Carol.  She's almost finished lactating the cubs judging by her behaviour and the size of the teats which have lost their swollen look.  (that and she is taking meat away.....I caught an image of her with a sausage and other bits in her mouth.... darn... she's unfaithful already...  LOL).

I've not been successful in full integration into our family yet.  (she will often now bunk down in the garden..  Today she yapped/barked because we were not responding to "feed requests"..  I might invite her in tomorrow for a BBQ....   Ok... As long as she doesn't' scent mark in the living room and can agree what nature program to watch, i feel we have an understanding.   :D
That sounds right, Dave - by 8 to 12 weeks they will be pretty much weaned and relying more and more on meat as main feed.  Does she have red or brown sauce on her sausages?  :P   and any David Attenborough viewing is top of the list............. :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Swissblad on Tue May 03, 2022 5:19 am
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Lovely series of images, David - you are so fortunate to have such a splendid visitor - very envious ;)

by david fletcher on Wed May 04, 2022 2:13 am
david fletcher
Thank you Sinuhe. Appreciated.

NSN00525

by ADKShooter on Wed May 04, 2022 1:48 pm
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167
Very interesting image of this type of fox. I really like the perspective as it accentuatesher head and those piercing eyes.

by david fletcher on Wed May 04, 2022 3:06 pm
david fletcher
Thank you Warren. Appreciated.

NSN00525

by Lerkes on Sun May 08, 2022 7:30 am
Lerkes
Lifetime Member
Member #:00178
Love the low angle and wide eyes - well done!

Steve
Steven J Berkowitz, VMD
Kirkwood, PA
http://www.pbase.com/lerkes

by david fletcher on Sun May 08, 2022 8:26 am
david fletcher
Thank you Steve.

NSN00525

16 posts |