Brothers....

Posted by david fletcher on Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:17 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
Popped out early this morning before the storm, Arwen, gets down our way.  The weather gods not with me today, but had a brief splash of sun literally for seconds...

Nikon Z7II and Sigma Sport at 280mm.  1/200 F8 at ISO 500.  

Please feel free to view uncompressed.  Thanks for looking and hope all safe.

Link to high rez HERE
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by ken archer on Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:40 pm
ken archer
Forum Contributor
I really like the spotlight effect you captured here David! Nicely Captured!!!

by Carol Clarke on Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:49 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I'm glad you managed to get out with the deer in their natural habitat and autumn colours, albeit briefly.  The stag looks a beauty with his two cohorts and what bit of light you got has illuminated them nicely. 

We've had the howling storm and gales with sleet showers rattling down for the last 24 hours here, and just when we thought it had stopped for a few minutes this evening we put Jack out - only to find that the sleet had changed to silent falling snow!  He then decided to do zoomies around the garden before he came back in and very grateful for a nice warm towel!  :)

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:04 pm
david fletcher
Carol Clarke wrote:I'm glad you managed to get out with the deer in their natural habitat and autumn colours, albeit briefly.  The stag looks a beauty with his two cohorts and what bit of light you got has illuminated them nicely. 

We've had the howling storm and gales with sleet showers rattling down for the last 24 hours here, and just when we thought it had stopped for a few minutes this evening we put Jack out - only to find that the sleet had changed to silent falling snow!  He then decided to do zoomies around the garden before he came back in and very grateful for a nice warm towel!  :)

Carol.

Thanks Ken and Carol.  Real pleased to hear Jack is having a great time Carol.   :)    (I drove up this morning in the pouring rain for the first 1 1/2hrs....took a gamble that the weather forecast was reasonably accurate for the arrival time.  It was... ).  First time for a while to feel a bracing North East wind chill, even if it was a bit tame compared with those that live on our northern shores.  

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:17 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
david fletcher wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:I'm glad you managed to get out with the deer in their natural habitat and autumn colours, albeit briefly.  The stag looks a beauty with his two cohorts and what bit of light you got has illuminated them nicely. 

Carol.

Thanks Ken and Carol.  Real pleased to hear Jack is having a great time Carol.   :)    (I drove up this morning in the pouring rain for the first 1 1/2hrs....took a gamble that the weather forecast was reasonably accurate for the arrival time.  It was... ).  First time for a while to feel a bracing North East wind chill, even if it was a bit tame compared with those that live on our northern shores.  

Yes, definitely quite a wind chill with the 50 - 60mph winds, sleet and temperatures hovering around freezing all day, and as you say, much worse even further north.  The wind is just starting to ease off a little now - more like 40 - 45mph, so hopefully by the time it gets down to you it will be even less.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by ADKShooter on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:47 pm
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167
The "weather gods"may not have been with you overall but they were definitely with you on this specific shot.  Great composition of this "line up" and fortunate to have the nicest one, with the biggest rack, in the front.  Well done.

Last edited by ADKShooter on Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

by david fletcher on Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:05 am
david fletcher
Thanks Warren. Appreciated.

NSN00525

by Mary Brun on Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 pm
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Wow David, you made the most of that sublime few light. The details, the light and the colors that illuminate the deer in the foreground are truly amazing.
A magnificent composition that sees the three deer on different floors.

I will sound crazy to you, but we have had endless and boring rains here that make everything so depressing and gray.
Nothing snow at the moment, we hope to come later.
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

by david fletcher on Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:51 pm
david fletcher
Mary Brun wrote:Wow David, you made the most of that sublime few light. The details, the light and the colors that illuminate the deer in the foreground are truly amazing.
A magnificent composition that sees the three deer on different floors.

I will sound crazy to you, but we have had endless and boring rains here that make everything so depressing and gray.
Nothing snow at the moment, we hope to come later.
Thank you Mary... Thank you for your thoughts.  Understand re the boring rains and grey.  My life is torn between work, and then when I am free, the weather.  Took a real chance this day as driving was 1 1/2 hours in driving rain on the hope the forecast when I arrived was accurate.  It worked enough and was good to get out.  Sometimes, that is enough.  Ciao.

The Snow will come!   :)

NSN00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:50 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Wonderful trio-so handsome and attentive. Glad you got a shot in between the clouds.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

10 posts |