fbpixel

Mummy's Boy


Posted by Des on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
Image
This was taken in 2019, my last trip to Kalimantan (southern Borneo). We came across this small group of Long-tailed Macaques on the way back to our riverboat.

D4s, 300mm, f5, 1/500th, ISO1400.
Regards,

Des
_____________________________________________________________

captivatingnature.co.uk

User avatar
Posted by:
Des
Forum Contributor
Location: UK
Posts: 785
Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Connect with me:

   

by david fletcher on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:46 pm
User avatar
david fletcher
Moderator
Posts: 26964
Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Location: UK
Member #:00525
Lovely capture of these two Des. Gorgeous light and framing.
Make your life spectacular!
 

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:34 pm
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 17295
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
How sweet is that? Love the expression on Mom's face and the endearing little one's look. Beautiful back-lighting. Really touching portrait-a minor detail-wish she had just a touch more headroom, but it doesn't really spoil the beauty of this lovely scene.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

by Carol Clarke on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:59 pm
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 66651
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Lincolnshire, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
As mother is looking upwards, I wish there was more room on top but the view of the tiny infant is very touching, Des. A sweet image

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Des on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:54 am
User avatar
Des
Forum Contributor
Posts: 785
Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Location: UK
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
How sweet is that?  Love the expression on Mom's face and the endearing little one's look. Beautiful back-lighting. Really touching portrait-a minor detail-wish she had just a touch more headroom, but it doesn't really spoil the beauty of this lovely scene.

Carol Clarke wrote:
As mother is looking upwards, I wish there was more room on top but the view of the tiny infant is very touching, Des.  A sweet image 

Carol.

Thank you for your input. That's very interesting. The original frame had a smidgen more space and I cropped it thinking that it would bring more focus to the infant. There's not a lot in it but you can see the full-frame here and see what you think.

https://www.desong.co.uk/6097-2/
Regards,

Des
_____________________________________________________________

captivatingnature.co.uk
 

by Carol Clarke on Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:17 am
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 66651
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Lincolnshire, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
Des wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
How sweet is that?  Love the expression on Mom's face and the endearing little one's look. Beautiful back-lighting. Really touching portrait-a minor detail-wish she had just a touch more headroom, but it doesn't really spoil the beauty of this lovely scene.

Carol Clarke wrote:
As mother is looking upwards, I wish there was more room on top but the view of the tiny infant is very touching, Des.  A sweet image 

Carol.

Thank you for your input. That's very interesting. The original frame had a smidgen more space and I cropped it thinking that it would bring more focus to the infant. There's not a lot in it but you can see the full-frame here and see what you think.

https://www.desong.co.uk/6097-2/



The original frame is slightly better, Des but the fact that she is looking up really calls for more room above, for my tastes.  If only she was looking down at the infant it wouldn't matter at all.  You know by now that I'll always say what I feel when viewing an image - but its only my opinion, and it is still a very nice capture.  :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Des on Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:04 am
User avatar
Des
Forum Contributor
Posts: 785
Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Location: UK
Carol Clarke wrote:
You know by now that I'll always say what I feel when viewing an image - but its only my opinion, and it is still a very nice capture.  :) 

It's all I'm after.
Regards,

Des
_____________________________________________________________

captivatingnature.co.uk
 

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:47 pm
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 17295
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
Des wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
How sweet is that?  Love the expression on Mom's face and the endearing little one's look. Beautiful back-lighting. Really touching portrait-a minor detail-wish she had just a touch more headroom, but it doesn't really spoil the beauty of this lovely scene.

Carol Clarke wrote:
As mother is looking upwards, I wish there was more room on top but the view of the tiny infant is very touching, Des.  A sweet image 

Carol.

Thank you for your input. That's very interesting. The original frame had a smidgen more space and I cropped it thinking that it would bring more focus to the infant. There's not a lot in it but you can see the full-frame here and see what you think.

https://www.desong.co.uk/6097-2/

Interesting that giving her more headroom, yo my eye, although a bit better, also brings out the ear of the background monkey, which I didn't really notice in the original. Perhaps you could put a little blur on that....unless your are more of a purist in these matters. As Carol mentions- still a lovely scene either way.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:  
8 posts | 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group