Mummy's Boy

Posted by Des on Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:25 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
This was taken in 2019, my last trip to Kalimantan (southern Borneo). We came across this small group of Long-tailed Macaques on the way back to our riverboat.

D4s, 300mm, f5, 1/500th, ISO1400.
Regards,

Des

captivatingnature.co.uk

Posted by:
Des
Forum Contributor

by david fletcher on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:46 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Lovely capture of these two Des. Gorgeous light and framing.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:34 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
How sweet is that? Love the expression on Mom's face and the endearing little one's look. Beautiful back-lighting. Really touching portrait-a minor detail-wish she had just a touch more headroom, but it doesn't really spoil the beauty of this lovely scene.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:59 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
As mother is looking upwards, I wish there was more room on top but the view of the tiny infant is very touching, Des. A sweet image

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Des on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:54 am
Des
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:How sweet is that?  Love the expression on Mom's face and the endearing little one's look. Beautiful back-lighting. Really touching portrait-a minor detail-wish she had just a touch more headroom, but it doesn't really spoil the beauty of this lovely scene.
Carol Clarke wrote:As mother is looking upwards, I wish there was more room on top but the view of the tiny infant is very touching, Des.  A sweet image 

Carol.
Thank you for your input. That's very interesting. The original frame had a smidgen more space and I cropped it thinking that it would bring more focus to the infant. There's not a lot in it but you can see the full-frame here and see what you think.

https://www.desong.co.uk/6097-2/
Regards,

Des

captivatingnature.co.uk

by Carol Clarke on Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:17 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Des wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:How sweet is that?  Love the expression on Mom's face and the endearing little one's look. Beautiful back-lighting. Really touching portrait-a minor detail-wish she had just a touch more headroom, but it doesn't really spoil the beauty of this lovely scene.
Carol Clarke wrote:As mother is looking upwards, I wish there was more room on top but the view of the tiny infant is very touching, Des.  A sweet image 

Carol.
Thank you for your input. That's very interesting. The original frame had a smidgen more space and I cropped it thinking that it would bring more focus to the infant. There's not a lot in it but you can see the full-frame here and see what you think.

The original frame is slightly better, Des but the fact that she is looking up really calls for more room above, for my tastes.  If only she was looking down at the infant it wouldn't matter at all.  You know by now that I'll always say what I feel when viewing an image - but its only my opinion, and it is still a very nice capture.  :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Des on Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:04 am
Des
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:You know by now that I'll always say what I feel when viewing an image - but its only my opinion, and it is still a very nice capture.  :) 
It's all I'm after.
Regards,

Des

captivatingnature.co.uk

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:47 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Des wrote:

Carol.

Interesting that giving her more headroom, yo my eye, although a bit better, also brings out the ear of the background monkey, which I didn't really notice in the original. Perhaps you could put a little blur on that....unless your are more of a purist in these matters. As Carol mentions- still a lovely scene either way.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

8 posts |