The New King

Posted by Des on Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:06 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
This is the colour version of the image I posted a couple of days ago. Which do you prefer, the b&w or this one?

This was a young male that has just claimed his seat on the throne. About a fortnight before this he fought long and hard with the previously reigning male for the dominant position (and therefore breeding rights) in this territory. The battle scar was still visible on the bridge of his nose. Photographed while he was at rest in the rainforest of western Borneo.
Regards,

Des

captivatingnature.co.uk

Posted by:
Des
Forum Contributor

by Axel Hildebrandt on Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:26 am
Axel Hildebrandt
Member #:00941
Interesting effect, when I look at this version, I first notice the bright hair on the lower arm instead of the eyes.
Axel Hildebrandt

by Carol Clarke on Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:59 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
They are both very striking, Des, but personally I prefer this natural colour version which shows the iconic flame hair colour of this 'Man of the forest', and as I said on your b/w version, the position and pose of the hand makes the image for me.  Just my 2 pennies worth.   :)

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:31 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
I'm for the colour version too.  It shouts "Orang utan " to me.... The B&W version creates a more poignant mood, is slightly tilted to be slightly different and removes the green foliage.  But I still like the colour.  Both, without doubt, darn good.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:44 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
I love the color version too-the bright orange on his wrist, however, sort of stands out a bit so the expressive face becomes just a bit more secondary. Still- a stunning shot! It would be hard to make a preference.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by ADKShooter on Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:34 pm
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167
I have a couple of reasons to go either way but in the end I think I'll settle for the black and white version, which is unusual for me. I almost always go for a color version of an image but in this case I believe the eyes being the windows to the soul leads me to the black and white version as my eye goes directly to the orangutan's expressive face rather than the color of it's fur.

by Cindy Marple on Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:38 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
ADKShooter wrote:I have a couple of reasons to go either way but in the end I think I'll settle for the black and white version, which is unusual for me. I almost always go for a color version of an image but in this case I believe the eyes being the windows to the soul leads me to the black and white version as my eye goes directly to the orangutan's expressive face rather than the color of it's fur.
My thoughts exactly.  
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

7 posts |