A Mother's Love

Posted by drewkleine on Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:51 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Evening at a natural pothole prairie here in Illinois. Laying in the mud with a blind over me, a doe and fawn showed up for a drink and bedded down for the better part of two hours. Staying motionless I was awarded an intimate look at her attentive care towards the little one. At dusk, the coyotes started their routine of calling, to which the careful mother gathered her fawn and disappeared into the reeds. I was able to slip away and hike out without any disturbance, which I was quite happy about and always try to accomplish. 

EOS R
100-400mm is II @ 400mm
f/5.6
1/400
-1 stop
iso 500 

Posted by:
drewkleine
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:23 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
A wonderful story and image to go with it, Drew! I admire your work ethic, which got you this image. A lovely, intimate moment observed and captured. Very nicely done!

by Carol Clarke on Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:40 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Being able to observe wildlife interaction is very precious, and the image you got from this episode is quite priceless, Drew. The wider view gives us a real feel for what you saw, and this tender, intimate moment between doe and fawn is beautifully captured.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:30 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Everything about this is just so heart-warming- the scene and your story, which the scene illustrates so beautifully. I like that you included the environment so nicely in this shot. Beautiful!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:01 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Ron Day wrote:A wonderful story and image to go with it, Drew! I admire your work ethic, which got you this image. A lovely, intimate moment observed and captured. Very nicely done!
Plus one.  Nice one Drew!
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

5 posts |