Lioness

Posted by david fletcher on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:03 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 11 posts | 
First showed this in April 2009.  Fresh after a trip. (well.  not entirely accurate as I went in October 2008 but have never been a quick one to show latest images, LOL).  Why shown now.  Well, we have learned a lot together over the years.  Shared knowledge.  Pooled resources.  

Have changed the processing and framing.   Thought to reprocess today after our first lockdown day in the UK with these challenging times.  Just hope and pray for all.

Re the young Lioness, the image is part of a series that showed her increasingly under stress from the nearby tourists.  Slanted eyes, and yawn, quickly becoming a grimace and square shaped mouth showing the teeth.  All recorded.  If that's ignored, tail lashing follows.  Quickly followed by either an attack or false charge.  Either way, we moved on quite quickly.  Not there to stress or pressure.  

techs were the D300 And 500 AF-SII.  1/200 F5 and Iso 1000.

Please feel free to view uncompressed.

Thank you for looking and wishing you all safe times. 

One thing that I have personally enjoyed, reviewing images, is seeing small details that mean much not first seen.  Aka.  The jewel of saliva when viewed on the right of her mouth.  Little thing.  
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by david fletcher on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:35 pm
david fletcher
Same lion.  Image a failure as focus bummed up... But shows that change I mentioned.  

NSN00525

by Ron Day on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:51 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
What a great moment captured, Dave! Your timing to capture the yawn was perfect. I too enjoy the hanging "jewel of saliva."  Another great little detail that stands out to me is the flies. Thanks for including the second image – what a change in disposition. The detail in large view of image one is excellent. Beautifully done!

by david fletcher on Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:20 pm
david fletcher
Ron Day wrote:What a great moment captured, Dave! Your timing to capture the yawn was perfect. I too enjoy the hanging "jewel of saliva."  Another great little detail that stands out to me is the flies. Thanks for including the second image – what a change in disposition. The detail in large view of image one is excellent. Beautifully done!
Thanks Ron.  Hope you and your family are well.  Had plans this year but they are no longer important. One wonders how H5M1 has taken so long to affect us, with the same effects Covid 19 has done in a few weeks.    

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:59 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
She's probably thinking ...... pesky flies... pesky tourists ....... Ah! a proper photographer - hope he's got my best side!  :wink: 

A beautiful study of this lioness.  So full of character and the detail is superb.  A must click for the larger view!  Love it, Dave!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:21 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Priceless expression and follow-up story, Dave-so glad you would know the proper behavior and beat a hasty retreat!
Do stay well-prayers for all- I find it quite satisfying to see people's old/reprocessed work and admire everything that has been done back then and since. I tink there will be a lot of inspired creativity going on here, and you are at the top of the list!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:56 am
david fletcher
All. Just a quick thanks for your thoughts and comments. Much appreciated.

NSN00525

by Debapratim Saha on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:34 pm
Debapratim Saha
Forum Contributor
Amazing one Dave!
Photography is the only solace in life

by Tusar Bhowmik on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:28 pm
Tusar Bhowmik
Forum Contributor
Excellent photograph Dave...!!!

by david fletcher on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:18 pm
david fletcher
Debapratim Saha wrote:Amazing one Dave!

Thanks Debapratim.  Read your facebook page link.  Good to see some ministers and people like yourself aware of other issues too.  Lots of things to take care of.

Sadly, in the UK, there are still idiots that want to do their walk in the Dales, watch the sun go down etc, and have no comprehension or acceptance of responsibility, of what their actions will lead to.  

Going to stop here before politics take over, as this is not the place.  Nor going to mention Pangolin's.  (look that one up).

Just wanted to say, noted and applauded.  All be safe.  Mother nature is giving us a kick back.  Perhaps it's time to listen.

NSN00525

by Karl Egressy on Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:55 am
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
Great moment captured beautifully, David. Congratulations.

11 posts |