Morning leopard

Posted by fincher on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:36 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Female leopard headed toward the river bank to find a shady spot to kill the day.
Nikon d4 500mm

Posted by:
fincher
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:00 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I wish that dark ended dead branch wasn't rearing its ugly head to her right, it is a distraction.  Cropping some off the right side more like your thumbnail, would work, although it would make the image rather tight, but even just toning down that dark end would make a real difference. That said, I love the angle with her striding forward on a gentle diagonal, and great to see those wonderful paws  The detail is beautiful and the early light is perfect.  The effect is almost 3D.  I really like this a lot.  Well done!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by fincher on Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:04 pm
fincher
Forum Contributor
Thx carol. Yea I noticed the limb also. I thought about cloning it out but I hate doing that stuff. I totally saw it though and wished it wasn’t there.

by Steve Kaluski on Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:00 am
Steve Kaluski
Forum Contributor
Member #:02094
Moving position to the left may have helped mask the tree branches hopefully by the Leopards body and the rock in the FG would perhaps be less dominating, as currently it's right in front of the space the subject is walking into. Moving the whole frame down I feel would also help, as the feet are a bit too close to the trim edge. However as Carol said, it's the light that makes it. Be nice to add the Exif data in the intro.

TFS
Steve

by fincher on Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:27 am
fincher
Forum Contributor
Thx Steve. Not a lot of room to crop or move here. It was most of the frame. I will try to add exif soon.

by Steve Kaluski on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:49 am
Steve Kaluski
Forum Contributor
Member #:02094
Thanks Fincher, always easier to comment from a comfy armchair compared to the heat of the moment. Best to leave around 10 - 15% more room around with fixed lens for the final crop.

6 posts |