Grizzly Landscape

Posted by owlseye on Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:54 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
I visited the Khutzeymateen this June. Lived on a sailboat (my second voyage w/ the OceanLightII) and spend about 25 hours photographing bears from their zodiac. The experience was sublime, as was the bear photography. While I have many portraits and tighter images of bears in their habitat, I personally seem to enjoy the wildlife landscapes more than the "close-ups."

This is one of the wildlife landscapes that were among my favorites... for now ;-)

Posted by:
owlseye
Forum Contributor

by david fletcher on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:46 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Can see why this is favourite Bruce.  Love the use of space.  It speaks volumes.  Beautiful framing.  Glad the experience was sublime, as is the image. Congratulations.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:39 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I'm with you, Bruce. Portraits definitely have their place, but wildscapes/animalscapes tell so much more of a story about where each creature lives and how they exist, hunt, feed etc. The wider view also gives a better feel for their environment especially for people who will not be able to visit and see them in their home territory. I can see why this scene is a favourite, we are immediately transported there to see the bear in its natural habitat and we can much better appreciate what you experienced that amazing day! Beautifully done.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ron Day on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:05 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Love the great environment you captured along with the bear. Excellent work, Bruce.

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Love this scene- tells so much more than " just a bear" . I like it's posture too, moving right along-hunting perhaps? Excellent!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by owlseye on Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:40 pm
owlseye
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Love this scene- tells so much more than " just a bear" .  I like it's posture too, moving right along-hunting perhaps? Excellent!
Thanks Cynthia...
I too like the posture because it exaggerates the characteristic hump. In this case, the grizzly was "clamming" at low tide.

regards,
bruce

6 posts |