I need a dentist. too much chocolate... (C)

Posted by david fletcher on Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:45 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
Firstly, I just want to share this as many probably have experienced similar trips.  it's not shown for artistic merit, just a share experience.   2015, I took my father in law to a trip to do some photos.  He's in in early 80's, so access, ease and no strain were needed.  Gotta say this place in North Kent was probably the most disappointing effort I'd made to date.  OMG... Not even going to start with the rhetoric.   

Bottom line, was although the images were a zillion miles from where we wanted to be, David enjoyed the day.  More about time together.  shared experience and just getting away from the norm. 

Why this is here is was I looking for an image on a beautiful cherry tree blossom that coincided with a sunset and this was in the "family" folder... 

It's the teeth!!!!   If it brings a small smile, i'll be happy.  Happy Easter.  

OBTW.  Techs  D7100 1/400 70-200 at 200 F4 ISO 800
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by david fletcher on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:26 pm
david fletcher

NSN00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:56 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Must have been munching on chocolate bunnies! Sort of funny/sad. Don't they have a decent dentist there? ;)
Thanks for sharing your lovely story of a day with your dad. Love the human interest element-a refreshing change and a nice way to learn about each other. Gorgeous tree!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:17 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Poor wolf. Its had a damaged jaw, which looks misaligned and the awful teeth must be at the very least causing it discomfort, but more likely pain and infection. One of the many rescue dogs we have adopted over the years came from its previous owners with very bad teeth, and only after expert dental surgery by our vet. was she able to reasonably enjoy life again. Im afraid that looking at this just makes me angry that the owners appear to have done nothing to help this poor animal. I sincerely hope I am wrong. No wonder you found the visit disappointing, Dave.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ron Day on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:14 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Dave, this would be a great image for a campaign against game farms or whatever facility held this poor wolf captive. I’m shocked they would allow you to photograph this animal in such poor health. :(

by david fletcher on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:35 am
david fletcher
Ron Day wrote:Dave, this would be a great image for a campaign against game farms or whatever facility held this poor wolf captive. I’m shocked they would allow you to photograph this animal in such poor health. :(
Truly so Ron.  I remember well that day, being more than a bit disgusted on some of their other "displays" to the point that I brought it up with the chap running the "show".  Sadly, he was oblivious, patronising and ignorant on what they were doing, or not doing.  The feedback wasn't welcomed and seen as rudeness on my part.   

NSN00525

by Ron Day on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:00 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
david fletcher wrote:
Ron Day wrote:Dave, this would be a great image for a campaign against game farms or whatever facility held this poor wolf captive. I’m shocked they would allow you to photograph this animal in such poor health. :(
Truly so Ron.  I remember well that day, being more than a bit disgusted on some of their other "displays" to the point that I brought it up with the chap running the "show".  Sadly, he was oblivious, patronising and ignorant on what they were doing, or not doing.  The feedback wasn't welcomed and seen as rudeness on my part.   
Well, at least you told him about your dissatisfaction, Dave. The fact that he could not appreciate your comments reveals his ignorance.

by Mako_Elite on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:30 pm
Mako_Elite
Forum Contributor
I love he story David. You are not kidding, that wolf ate way too much candies. Very sad to see animal in this shape.
Now, the tree is amazing. Nice glow and the sky really add nicely.

Ludo

by david fletcher on Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:23 pm
david fletcher
Mako_Elite wrote:I love he story David. You are not kidding, that wolf ate way too much candies. Very sad to see animal in this shape.
Now, the tree is amazing. Nice glow and the sky really add nicely.

Ludo

Thanks Ludo.  Like that tree too.  Never seen the same since.  

that Wolf bit is like a wound festering.  Thought I had put it to bed, but being stupid showed it and all the original feelings resurfaced... DOH.  I thought I had controlled it with funny/sad but it still lies there as the whole site is a sham.  

NSN00525

9 posts |