Bosque Gopher

Posted by SantaFeJoe on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:23 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
A gopher that popped his head out briefly while I was checking out a Pied-billed Grebe at a ditch at Bosque on Friday. Nothing special about the image, just an example of how, no matter how many times I go down there, there is always something new for me to see. I have been down there about 350 times and I always said that I saw something new each time for about the first 150 trips. On one of my last trips there a few years ago, I saw a Barn Owl's nest, a swarm of bees on a tree and, in a different spot, a wild honeycomb all for the first time.
Nikon D700, 500f4P, TC 14B, f8@1/1250 sec., large crop.
Please click on image. Thanks.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

Posted by:
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:35 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
This makes me smile, Joe.  One day we were sat by a Scottish loch waiting for a sighting of Red Throated Divers (Red Throated Loons).  We spent a good couple of hours watching a little vole dart out of its hole, run around, and then bolt back down its hole again.  In and out, in and out, over and over.  This kept us entertained for ages, trying to catch the little speeding bullet on his many appearances.  As for the loons, they did eventually appear as little specks in the distance but too far away for photography.  That little vole was worth all the waiting around. :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by cwdavis on Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:53 pm
cwdavis
Forum Contributor
Along the N. California coast, Great Blue Herons have learned to hunt these guys -- it looks a bit incongruous to see the large birds posed, as still as statues, out in the middle of a green pasture(!), waiting for this little fellow to poke his head out ...
C William Davis
Chapel Hill, NC

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:32 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Cute little fella- fun view. We have them here but they are very elusive...unless they get in the house...;)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

4 posts |