California Dreaming

Posted by Tony Britton on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:46 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
California Sea Lion thoroughly in its element. Photographed in Pacific Grove, California. 
"My wife and I make the perfect point-and-shoot photography team. She points and I shoot!"

Tony Britton Photography

Posted by:
Tony Britton
Forum Contributor

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:06 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Love shots like this that include a lot of environment.

by Gary Gulash on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:27 pm
Gary Gulash
Forum Contributor
Very strong composition, really like the way the sea lion just fits into the scene (you were perfectly positioned). Looks like this may have been harsh lighting but you managed to get a nice balanced exposure out of it with great detail.

by Carol Clarke on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:52 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Lovely composition with the inclusion of the habitat and I really like that the body line and head angle mimic the top line of the far rocks. Sweet detail and light add the finishing touches to this very nice image!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Paul Rossi on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:52 pm
Paul Rossi
Forum Contributor
This is my favorite kind of wildlife image - one that takes a nice landscape scene and places the subject perfectly, and with a great pose.  Your line,  [font=Arial,"Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]"My wife and I make the perfect point-and-shoot photography team. She points and I shoot!"  brought a smile to my face and I mentioned to my wife that it applies to us as well.  She agreed.[/font]
Paul Rossi personal website: https://paulrossibirds.com/
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/beautifulbirdseup/

by Tony Britton on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:41 pm
Tony Britton
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Love shots like this that include a lot of environment.
I'm glad you like this shot. Pacific Grove and Monterey, California have especially beautiful coastlines and plenty of opportunities for environmental shots like this.
"My wife and I make the perfect point-and-shoot photography team. She points and I shoot!"

Tony Britton Photography

by Tony Britton on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:45 pm
Tony Britton
Forum Contributor
Gary Gulash wrote:Very strong composition, really like the way the sea lion just fits into the scene (you were perfectly positioned).  Looks like this may have been harsh lighting but you managed to get a nice balanced exposure out of it with great detail.
Yes, the lighting was a bit challenging, to be sure. It was fun positioning myself without disturbing the sea lion. Patience, patience, patience!

Tony Britton Photography

by Tony Britton on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:49 pm
Tony Britton
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:Lovely composition with the inclusion of the habitat and I really like that the body line and head angle mimic the top line of the far rocks.  Sweet detail and light add the finishing touches to this very nice image!

Carol.
Thank you, Carol. It's a rare environmental shot from me since I really enjoy portrait captures! Those beautiful rock formations were pretty hard to ignore, though. 

Tony Britton Photography

by Tony Britton on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:57 pm
Tony Britton
Forum Contributor
Paul Rossi wrote:This is my favorite kind of wildlife image - one that takes a nice landscape scene and places the subject perfectly, and with a great pose.  Your line,  [font=Arial,"Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]"My wife and I make the perfect point-and-shoot photography team. She points and I shoot!"  brought a smile to my face and I mentioned to my wife that it applies to us as well.  She agreed.[/font]
Thanks for you generous comments, Paul. Glad you like my signature line. It makes all the difference when you can enjoy the wonderful company of your spouse and truly make it a team effort. We've been happily married for 36 years! 

Tony Britton Photography

by Nate Chappell on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:36 pm
Nate Chappell
Forum Contributor
Member #:00835
Lovely comp and lighting Tony!
Nate Chappell
Texas and Ecuador

Birds and Wildlife photo workshops and tours

10 posts |