Stripes on the ridge.

Posted by Marc on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:53 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
A herd of zebra gather on top of a ridge, hesitant to come down to drink after sensing lions close by. B&W conv in ACR.
It loses some impact @ only 800px wide, but have this printed @ 1M wide and has come up a treat.

Grumeti GR- TZ

Nikon D850
Nikkor 70-200E f/2.8 + 1.4tcIII
f/8
1/1600s
ISO320@ 135mm

Cheers
Marc
MarcMol.com    FACEBOOK    500px 

Posted by:
Marc
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:08 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I love the idea of this one Marc, and I am sure that in a larger size it must look quite stunning.  Its hard to tell, but I feel it would benefit from a touch more tonal contrast to give it a bit more 'wow factor' .  Maybe that is more evident in the larger print ?  :)

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Kim on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:21 pm
Kim
Forum Contributor
I enjoyed the various poses of the animals across the frame. Must look grate printed large. Like Carol I would like to see a little more contrast as it has a slightly muddy look to it here.

by Marc on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:21 am
Marc
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:I love the idea of this one Marc, and I am sure that in a larger size it must look quite stunning.  Its hard to tell, but I feel it would benefit from a touch more tonal contrast to give it a bit more 'wow factor' .  Maybe that is more evident in the larger print ?  :)

Carol.

I hear you Carol & Kim and I think you might be referring to the mountain/range in the BG, please consider that I've brought out that detail to it's fullest and it's at the end of any tonal contrast and P/P further would give an unrealistic look overall.
As you say and I mentioned viewing this @ a tiny 800px wide it's difficult to cast a full critical eye here, but rest assured the Zebra pop in a 3D way from the scene.

A higher resolution here:
https://500px.com/photo/273036137/strip ... y-marc-mol
MarcMol.com    FACEBOOK    500px 

by Carol Clarke on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:47 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Marc wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:I love the idea of this one Marc, and I am sure that in a larger size it must look quite stunning.  Its hard to tell, but I feel it would benefit from a touch more tonal contrast to give it a bit more 'wow factor' .  Maybe that is more evident in the larger print ?  :)

Carol.

I hear you Carol & Kim and I think you might be referring to the mountain/range in the BG, please consider that I've brought out that detail to it's fullest and it's at the end of any tonal contrast and P/P further would give an unrealistic look overall.
As you say and I mentioned viewing this @ a tiny 800px wide it's difficult to cast a full critical eye here, but rest assured the Zebra pop in a 3D way from the scene.

A higher resolution here:
https://500px.com/photo/273036137/strip ... y-marc-mol

I was actually referring to the zebra, Marc.  :wink:   However, the link you provided to the larger version does indeed bring the zebra to life with a nice 'pop' - which I thought it might.   Thanks for that. 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:23 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
nicely done Marc. Enjoyed the larger size view and of course the following Lion images. Enjoying your images immensely
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Nate Chappell on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:08 pm
Nate Chappell
Forum Contributor
Member #:00835
Love this Marc!
Nate Chappell
Texas and Ecuador

Birds and Wildlife photo workshops and tours

by Rudix on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:13 am
Rudix
Forum Contributor
I love this monochrome photo Marc! The clouds add to the mood and the Zebras checking you out is also special. Thanks for sharing, you are inspiring me to also look at Monochrome again.

Cheers,
Rudi

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:21 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Glad you posted a link to the larger version. A wonderful study in contrasts, zebras beautifully posed , amazing sky!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

9 posts |