"Double Vision"

Posted by Mark Picard on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:07 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Notice that there are actually two bulls feeding side by side in the image! Something a little different. From the kayak in Northern Maine.

D850, Sigma 150-600mm S (@600mm), ISO 320, F7.1 @ 1/1600th sec., handheld
Mark Picard
Maine Photography Workshops

Posted by:
Mark Picard
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:44 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Is it a case of happy together as bachelor boys, and then the gloves are off during the rut? A nice capture of these two enjoying their aquatic lunch side by side, and I like the ear down so the water can drain out!

Certainly a different view of these wonderful animals. Well spotted and nicely done, Mark .

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Mark Picard on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:24 am
Mark Picard
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:Is it a case of happy together as bachelor boys, and then the gloves are off during the rut?  A nice capture of these two enjoying their aquatic lunch side by side, and I like the ear down so the water can drain out!      

Certainly a different view of these wonderful animals.  Well spotted and nicely done, Mark .

Carol.
Yes Carol - that's exactly what's happening here! This shot was from June 16th this year, and as yet these two older, dominant bulls have no territorial disagreements to settle (the Rut!) so they peacefully hang out together. In another month (probably by now even) those antlers will have grown considerably and you wouldn't even recognize them in that their antlers would have grown up to as much as 3 feet bigger!  I recognize these two individuals, as I have photographed them in past years albeit usually later than this years' June trip when their antlers were much larger.  
Mark Picard
Maine Photography Workshops

by Carol Clarke on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:35 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Mark Picard wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:Is it a case of happy together as bachelor boys, and then the gloves are off during the rut?  A nice capture of these two enjoying their aquatic lunch side by side, and I like the ear down so the water can drain out!      

Certainly a different view of these wonderful animals.  Well spotted and nicely done, Mark .

Carol.
Yes Carol - that's exactly what's happening here! This shot was from June 16th this year, and as yet these two older, dominant bulls have no territorial disagreements to settle (the Rut!) so they peacefully hang out together. In another month (probably by now even) those antlers will have grown considerably and you wouldn't even recognize them in that their antlers would have grown up to as much as 3 feet bigger!  I recognize these two individuals, as I have photographed them in past years albeit usually later than this years' June trip when their antlers were much larger.  
Thanks for that, Mark.  I am always interested by the background information regarding wildlife and their behaviour!  :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ron Day on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:14 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Well done, Mark, this is an interesting and "cool" capture off this pair.

5 posts |