Rattle Snake

Posted by Gene Gwin on Thu May 03, 2018 1:45 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
Photo taken at Laguna Seca Ranch in South Texas May 1, 2018.

Nikon D850, Nikon 300mm lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, 1/400 sec at f/4.5, ISO 1000, fill flash.

Was photographing birds and it got too dark, so I picked up and was driving back to the camp and there was a five foot rattlesnake curled up in the middle of the road.  Got out of my truck and tried to "shoo" him out of the road, but he would have nothing to do with it.  So I got my camera out and tried to photograph him, but there was not enough light.  Had to get the flash out to add some fill, and the snake was still in the road rather perturbed that I wanted him off his road.  My truck was too close to the snake, so I had to get in and start it up and move it backwards  All the while the snake has staked out his ground and would not move.  Took some images, and the snake finally decided he would go elsewhere.  Tried to emphasize the eye in a different way.  Curious what you might think.  Sorry for the long note.

Posted by:
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor

by Mike in O on Thu May 03, 2018 7:08 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
The story made the shot for me Gene

by Carol Clarke on Fri May 04, 2018 3:59 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Good story and a nice intimate view of this stubborn rattler. I like it apart from wishing for a clear view of the eye (the most important part of a shot like this, for me) the oof grass on the left is partially clouding that side of the eye. Just my 2 cents worth, Gene.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Sun May 06, 2018 9:19 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Mike in O wrote:The story made the shot for me Gene

super info Gene.  funny how things are..  grasses work for me, just want to add a tad back focussed when viewed large... not a biggy
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

4 posts |