Waterbuck

Posted by timmyb5 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:05 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
A waterbuck in the Serengeti Mara region.

Olympus OMD EM1 ii + Panasonic Leica 100-400
@400mm, 1/250 sec, f/6.3, ISO-500

I appreciate any constructive comments as I'm still new to this and trying to learn. Thanks.

Tim

Posted by:
timmyb5
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:28 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
A lovely alert and healthy looking waterbuck, standing nicely for you with head turn in sweet, soft light, so what a shame you cut the feet off at the bottom. Pulling back a little with the zoom lens you were using would have included the rest of the legs to complete the frame. I love using a zoom for wildlife as it gives so many more options when composing the shot. Your processing looks good, so no nits there!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by timmyb5 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:55 am
timmyb5
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:A lovely alert and  healthy looking waterbuck, standing nicely for you with head turn in sweet, soft light, so what a shame you cut the feet off at the bottom.     Pulling back a little with the zoom lens you were using would have included the rest of the legs to complete the frame.  I love using a zoom for wildlife as it gives so many more options when composing the shot.   Your processing looks good, so no nits there!
Thanks for the comments. I do get a little excited with the zoom sometimes and have to remind myself to pull back. It will be good to have a reminder of it from such an accomplished photographer for the future!

by Carol Clarke on Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:01 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
timmyb5 wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:A lovely alert and  healthy looking waterbuck, standing nicely for you with head turn in sweet, soft light, so what a shame you cut the feet off at the bottom.     Pulling back a little with the zoom lens you were using would have included the rest of the legs to complete the frame.  I love using a zoom for wildlife as it gives so many more options when composing the shot.   Your processing looks good, so no nits there!
Thanks for the comments. I do get a little excited with the zoom sometimes and have to remind myself to pull back. It will be good to have a reminder of it from such an accomplished photographer for the future!

Its kind of you to say so, but I'm just me.  :)

I can get so fascinated by watching wildlife that I totally forget I have a camera in my hand and miss the shot, especially in Africa when I am totally absorbed by having all my senses brought to life at once!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

4 posts |