Masai Mara. Kenya

Posted by:
clement
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:27 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Great family portrait, Clement. Love the dappled lighting – a little on the faces would have been nice..

by Square Man1 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:33 pm
Square Man1
Forum Contributor
For me this image has the wow factor, I would be so happy if I had taken this one.

Congrats,

Rob

by stevenmajor on Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 pm
stevenmajor
Forum Contributor
Spot on...
I am happy for You clement.
TY

by Carol Clarke on Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:17 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Beautiful interaction between mother and cub, Clement!  Having said that, I don't know what went wrong with your processing but it looks like you tried to lighten the cheetahs to bring out detail in the shade, but the effect is  strange and the eyes also look rather dead.  There is a light halo especially along their top body outlines.  Your images are always such high quality, that many of us aspire to, and it makes me wonder if you posted the wrong frame here?  I apologise for speaking my mind but this just isn't your normal excellent work.  I think this lovely behaviour capture deserves another try.  :) 
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by clement on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:15 am
clement
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:Beautiful interaction between mother and cub, Clement!  Having said that, I don't know what went wrong with your processing but it looks like you tried to lighten the cheetahs to bring out detail in the shade, but the effect is  strange and the eyes also look rather dead.  There is a light halo especially along their top body outlines.  Your images are always such high quality, that many of us aspire to, and it makes me wonder if you posted the wrong frame here?  I apologise for speaking my mind but this just isn't your normal excellent work.  I think this lovely behaviour capture deserves another try.  :) 

Completely agree with your Carol on the PP.. I did use the dodge tool on the cheetahs to bring them out a bit from the shadow..
Perfect comment..

by Carol Clarke on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:46 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Thank you, Clement. Your work has been an inspiritation to me for the past ten years!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Marc on Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:53 am
Marc
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:Beautiful interaction between mother and cub, Clement!  Having said that, I don't know what went wrong with your processing but it looks like you tried to lighten the cheetahs to bring out detail in the shade, but the effect is  strange and the eyes also look rather dead.  There is a light halo especially along their top body outlines.  Your images are always such high quality, that many of us aspire to, and it makes me wonder if you posted the wrong frame here?  I apologise for speaking my mind but this just isn't your normal excellent work.  I think this lovely behaviour capture deserves another try.  :) 

Cute moment Clement, however I have to agree with Carol here, sometimes we're in such a haste to post images up for review, that we don't take the time to cast a critical eye over our own images, I'm guilty myself of this.

I find going back to the image 24 hrs later, to reassess with "fresh" eyes helps greatly.

Cheers
Marc
MarcMol.com    FACEBOOK    500px 

8 posts |