Muley in the Rut

Posted by TerryWSmith on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:40 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 11 posts | 
Poised and ready to move on the doe he was pursuing.

CANON 5DMKIII, CANON 500 F4IS, ISO 400, 1/800, F6.3
Terry W Smith
CANON GEAR-24/7

instagram: #imagesontheoutside

Posted by:
TerryWSmith
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:53 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Absolutely love everything about this one Terry! Its got the lot. Wonderful buck, great testosterone fuelled pose, beautiful setting - and such sweet warm light, the icing on the cake! A winner for me!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by TerryWSmith on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:22 pm
TerryWSmith
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:Absolutely love everything about this one Terry!  Its got the lot.  Wonderful buck, great testosterone fuelled pose, beautiful setting - and such sweet warm light, the icing on the cake!   A winner for me!

Thank you Carol, this may not seem like it but it was tough to get. So many 
twigs bushes etcc. in the way, shooting from a low angle it was tricky to get a 
clean shot.

T.
Terry W Smith
CANON GEAR-24/7

by Carol Clarke on Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:30 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
TerryWSmith wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:Absolutely love everything about this one Terry!  Its got the lot.  Wonderful buck, great testosterone fuelled pose, beautiful setting - and such sweet warm light, the icing on the cake!   A winner for me!

clean shot.

T.

I don't doubt that at all Terry when photographing wildlife! but the reward when you overcome these difficulties and get a great shot is so sweet.  8) 
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by TerryWSmith on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:21 pm
TerryWSmith
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:
TerryWSmith wrote:

clean shot.

T.

I don't doubt that at all Terry when photographing wildlife! but the reward when you overcome these difficulties and get a great shot is so sweet.  8) 
:)

T.
Terry W Smith
CANON GEAR-24/7

by david fletcher on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:32 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
beautiful shot with challenging conditions well overcome Terry!
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by david fletcher on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:05 pm
david fletcher
Hope don't mind me asking but have always had this question in the back of my mind.

In the states, do you ever come across hunters on your trips, or are they usually on land that is privately leased for hunting. (don't know enough about it, but can imagine it being more than a drag if there were a conflict of interest to both parties).

In the UK, whilst there is the country community where hunting plays an important part in life, it tends to conflict less with others: --- barring those that have nothing better to do with their life and protest at every opp'... and is not really a problem.. we are jammed in a bit in the UK population wise, and maybe that is not so relevant stateside.

In the past, when young, I hunted so know and understand that side. For most of my life, I've found pleasure in the reward of viewing, seeing and sharing time with wildlife, so am not making any social statements either way.

Just curious: (most of my high tech clothing for the outdoors comes from Hunting shops)...

NSN00525

by Cindy Marple on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:24 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
I love the light and colors in this one Terry, just beautiful.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by TerryWSmith on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:55 pm
TerryWSmith
Forum Contributor
david fletcher wrote:Hope don't mind me asking but have always had this question in the back of my mind.

In the states, do you ever come across hunters on your trips, or are they usually on land that is privately leased for hunting.  (don't know enough about it, but can imagine it being more than a drag if there were a conflict of interest to both parties).  

In the UK, whilst there is the country community where hunting plays an important part in life, it tends to conflict less with others:  --- barring those that have nothing better to do with their life and protest at every opp'...   and is not really a problem..  we are jammed in a bit in the UK population wise, and maybe that is not so relevant stateside.  

In the past, when young, I hunted so know and understand that side.  For most of my life, I've found pleasure in the reward of viewing, seeing and sharing time with wildlife, so am not making any social statements either way.  

Just curious:  (most of my high tech clothing for the outdoors comes from Hunting shops)...
Very good question and answer is yes and no, many times the seasons are closed for hunting at the time a photo trip is planned but many times  there is a direct competition with hunters. Also no secret many photographers myself included visit national parks and refuges where wildlife is easier to find (not necessarily easier to photograph). Hunting Is a very vital part of management and provides resources for habitat.

Thanks David.
Terry W Smith
CANON GEAR-24/7

by TerryWSmith on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:58 pm
TerryWSmith
Forum Contributor
Cindy Marple wrote:I love the light and colors in this one Terry, just beautiful.

Thank you Cindy,
This was one of those outings that felt very rewarding when it was complete.

T.
Terry W Smith
CANON GEAR-24/7

by david fletcher on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:02 pm
david fletcher
TerryWSmith wrote:
david fletcher wrote:Hope don't mind me asking but have always had this question in the back of my mind.

In the states, do you ever come across hunters on your trips, or are they usually on land that is privately leased for hunting.  (don't know enough about it, but can imagine it being more than a drag if there were a conflict of interest to both parties).  

In the UK, whilst there is the country community where hunting plays an important part in life, it tends to conflict less with others:  --- barring those that have nothing better to do with their life and protest at every opp'...   and is not really a problem..  we are jammed in a bit in the UK population wise, and maybe that is not so relevant stateside.  

In the past, when young, I hunted so know and understand that side.  For most of my life, I've found pleasure in the reward of viewing, seeing and sharing time with wildlife, so am not making any social statements either way.  

Just curious:  (most of my high tech clothing for the outdoors comes from Hunting shops)...
Very good question and answer is yes and no, many times the seasons are closed for hunting at the time a photo trip is planned but many times  there is a direct competition with hunters. Also no secret many photographers myself included visit national parks and refuges where wildlife is easier to find (not necessarily easier to photograph). Hunting Is a very vital part of management and provides resources for habitat.

Thanks David.
thanks Terry.  appreciated..

NSN00525

11 posts |