Sopranos

Posted by kiran on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:22 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 13 posts | 
The mom and cub appear to be singing the Polar Bear song here. This was shot in Alaska recently. And I have quite a story to go with this image. 

As circumstances would have it, I was stuck(bad weather and flight cancellations for multiple days)  with Survivorman Les Stroud and the Nat Geo Wild filming crew plus one exec from NGW in Alaska recently. I made some new friends and now Nat Geo is interested in me guiding their team to a certain undisclosed location for a documentary. :-). Their dates clash with my Tanzania tour, so it might not happen. But just to have the NGW exec inspire me and to provide the positive reinforcement that I am good enough for Nat Geo is an award in itself for me. They flew me out on the Nat Geo Charter plane too. :-)

Thanks to Carol, Dave and other people here who have always motivated this kid (now a grown up man) over the years !

Hope everyone is doing well.

Regards,
Kiran
THE NATURE EXPLORER LLC.  Wildlife Safaris and Adventure Travel.  kiran@thenatureexplorer.com

Posted by:
kiran
Lifetime Member
Member #:01246

by Square Man1 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:43 am
Square Man1
Forum Contributor
A great action image of these two gorgeous bears.

Rob

by Carol Clarke on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:30 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Always good to see you and your images Kiran, and thank you for your kind words.   8)

It has been a privilege watching your progress over the past nine years or so,  from your first posts to where you are now, and reading your story above, I am thrilled that you are getting the recognition that you so truly deserve!  Well done!

The lovely interaction between sow and cub in this latest shot is further proof - if any were needed, that your talents continue to grow.  Beautiful image and a pleasure to view.  Thanks for sharing it with us, and thanks for letting us know your exciting news!  :P

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ron Day on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:31 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Wonderful interaction shot, and great news about your photography!

by kiran on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:39 pm
kiran
Lifetime Member
Square Man1 wrote:A great action image of these two gorgeous bears.

Rob

Thanks, Rob !
THE NATURE EXPLORER LLC.  Wildlife Safaris and Adventure Travel.  kiran@thenatureexplorer.com

by kiran on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:40 pm
kiran
Lifetime Member
Ron Day wrote:Wonderful interaction shot, and great news about your photography!
Thank you very much, Ron ! Appreciate the kind words ! :-)

Regards,
Kiran

by kiran on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:47 pm
kiran
Lifetime Member
Carol Clarke wrote:Always good to see you and your images Kiran, and thank you for your kind words.   8)

It has been a privilege watching your progress over the past nine years or so,  from your first posts to where you are now, and reading your story above, I am thrilled that you are getting the recognition that you so truly deserve!  Well done!

The lovely interaction between sow and cub in this latest shot is further proof - if any were needed, that your talents continue to grow.  Beautiful image and a pleasure to view.  Thanks for sharing it with us, and thanks for letting us know your exciting news!  :P

Carol.
Hi, Carol ! Thank you so much for your warm comments and encouragement as always!! 

The primary reason for me to be doing what I am doing today is because of all of you folks at NSN (Yourself, Greg, E.J., Cindy, the editors and moderators) that gave me that IOTY back in 2008 and that definitely jumpstarted all of this :-)

I am fortunate to have found a platform like NSN where I discovered my calling for the 2nd chapter of my life. Enjoying the ride so far.

Thanks,
Kiran

by Robert Sabin on Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:05 pm
Robert Sabin
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:Always good to see you and your images Kiran, and thank you for your kind words.   8)

Carol.

by david fletcher on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:26 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Ditto what Carol said Kiran. Exciting news too. Can only say you are well worthy and have earned that. Been a privilege seeing your work Kiran. Hope your star shines bright. (seems to be well on that track so go for it)...
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Ron Niebrugge on Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:09 pm
Ron Niebrugge
Lifetime Member
Member #:00440
Nice Kiran! You got this before that snow melted. Good to met you there last month!

by kiran on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:17 pm
kiran
Lifetime Member
david fletcher wrote:Ditto what Carol said Kiran.  Exciting news too.  Can only say you are well worthy and have earned that.  Been a privilege seeing your work Kiran.  Hope your star shines bright.  (seems to be well on that track so go for it)...
Dave, thanks for your comment ! You are a BIG source of inspiration for me and I can never forget that !!! Thanks for your kind words as always.

Regards,
Kiran

by kiran on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:21 pm
kiran
Lifetime Member
Ron Niebrugge wrote:Nice Kiran!  You got this before that snow melted.  Good to met you there last month!
Oh man !!! Ron ! I did not know you were on NSN ! Is Hugh here too ?  

It was fantastic meeting you and I will most likely meet you again down south, you know where :-)

I told Hugh about this before leaving, I practically had this 1 day of snow which happened on the night I arrived ( just 1 night before you guys landed) and I made use of those 8 hours. The snow melted the next day...as we all know. On our last day, I saw Hugh's plane take off after you dropped them in the bus and I went out next with Anna and thousands of LB of Nat Geo gear. Glad I travel light :-D, we barely made the payload for that Piper Navajo charter.

Hugh also told me about the damage that Grizzly did to one of your vehicles in Deadhorse, ouch !!

What a small world, Ron ! 

Kiran :-)

by clement on Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:09 pm
clement
Forum Contributor
Kiran.. what a picture this man.. totally amazing and a dream for any wildlife photographer

13 posts |