Posted by:
Jakejacoby
Lifetime Member
Member #:02085

by Carol Clarke on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:00 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
This is the second one I've moved from Birds gallery tonight Jake, must be something in the air!  :)

Got to love this goofy looking character, what a great catch.  It really does look like he's laughing - made me laugh anyway.  Thanks for that!

Is that a cloud of biting flies he's trying to escape from, or is it just flying water droplets as he has a shake?  If it is flies, I don't know what he's laughing about........
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Jakejacoby on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:53 pm
Jakejacoby
Lifetime Member
Member #:02085
Carol Clarke wrote:This is the second one I've moved from Birds gallery tonight Jake, must be something in the air!  :)

Got to love this goofy looking character, what a great catch.  It really does look like its laughing - made me laugh anyway.  Thanks for that!

Is that a cloud of biting flies its trying to escape from, or is it just flying water droplets as it has a shake?  If it is flies, I don't know what its laughing about........
Thank you very much Carol - I hate it when I'm not paying attention!!!  And, yes, those were flies that just hovered around when he went underwater to feed and then went right after him when he surfaced.  But, he was a good sport and gave me a big smile for the camera as I went by in my kayak.  This was taken on Moosehead Lake in Maine.  Thanks again.

by Ron Day on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:13 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Nice behavior, Jake, with the moose swimming, and nice work from your kayak.

by Cindy Marple on Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:54 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
I too wonder why he's smiling with all those pesky flies about! Nice capture. To me, the colors are appearing flat and dull- not sure if it's just my browser perhaps. But as I'm seeing it, I'd like to see more saturation, or perhaps a slight warmth to the white balance, something to give it a bit more pop.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

5 posts |