Golden-headed Lion Tamarin

Posted by ugolino on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:22 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
Critically endangered, the Golden-headed Lion Tamarin only survives (and can be seen) in the Una Biological Reserve. Fortunately (for him) no-one is allowed in, except scientists. For us, mere mortals (and civilians), our only hope to get a glance, is to walk around the reserve and hope that an individual or small group will venture out the 'customs's boundaries"....
It is most useful to have a local competent guide. Apologies for repeating his name, but Leonardo Patrial is to be recommended. Please, I need him for my next trip, so do not overwhem him with bookings, although he'd obviously welcome it.
Anyway we tried.... and on our first day, a small group did venture out... I only managed this one photo, which I love. We stayed an extra morning, and i did see another single individual, the alpha-male, under the torrential sub-tropical rain... photos will come, when I get to it...
I hope you enjoy this "preview" for now.
Best, ugolino
Working on a personal website.... Comments and advice welcome. 
Visit at http://ugolino.zenfolio.com/

Posted by:
ugolino
Forum Contributor

by Cindy Marple on Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:59 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
Worth some persistence to capture nice images of such a rare little animal. I'd be thrilled too. If you haven't already tried it, I'd do a bit of noise reduction on the background to smooth out some of the "crunchiness".
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

2 posts |