Arnhold's Mouse Lemur

Posted by ugolino on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:11 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
Mouse Lemurs are not the smallest (Dwarf Lemurs are even smaller), but they still are pretty shy and prefer obscurity to be active. This one was pretty cooperative and very endearing...
Dying to return to Madagascar ! Absolutely loved the place !
Enjoy, Ugolino
Working on a personal website.... Comments and advice welcome. 
Visit at http://ugolino.zenfolio.com/

Posted by:
ugolino
Forum Contributor

by Cindy Marple on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:42 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
Endearing, for sure! What a little cutie. Nice work with lighting it.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by Pralay Lahiry on Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:09 am
Pralay Lahiry
Forum Contributor
Awww....what a cutie.

by Carol Clarke on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:40 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
The light appears a little harsh, causing this tiny nocturnal lemur to squint. I hope it wasn't too disturbed. They certainly are a fascinating species.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by ugolino on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:39 pm
ugolino
Forum Contributor
Mrs Clarke,
I sense polite criticism in you last post.
The last thing I want is to disturb animals. I am taking great precautions not to. I never shoot with flashes. Whenever possible, I shoot without additional lighting, see my post of the long-tailed Potoo a few days ago. This was not possible this time, and this mouse lemur did not appear to be disturbed. I may be wrong. Anyway, whet's done is done, and cannot be undone. If you feel that this photo incites viewers and photographers to use disturbing lighting, please feel free to remove it.
Personally, I am more disturbed by (indeed) beautiful photographs posted by numerous photographers on this site that are achieved by continuous artificial feeding over weeks sometimes, or multiple laser-controlled flashes (for hummingbirds), and in general with artificial perches. I always photograph animals in their very natural environment. Wherever possible and authorised, I also walk. Photographing a polar bear, a tiger or a lion on foot is such a more pleasurable experience than from a jeep or a boat. At least, no human imposition, no petrol fumes or noise disturbance. I am not a fan of photos at the nest for endangered species either. 
I am new to this forum and have not posted any of my earlier photos of these great animals.
I am not adding this post to create controversy, but I believe that controlled additional lighting is ok in the middle of the night, when the photographer knows what he is doing and only uses it as a last resort. You, as the chief forum administrator may disagree.
Please, again, feel free to remove (as a recent member, I do not know how to do this). 
Would love to remain a contributing member of this forum.
Ugolino.
Working on a personal website.... Comments and advice welcome. 
Visit at http://ugolino.zenfolio.com/

by Carol Clarke on Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:29 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
ugolino wrote:Mrs Clarke,
I sense polite criticism in you last post.
The last thing I want is to disturb animals. I am taking great precautions not to. I never shoot with flashes. Whenever possible, I shoot without additional lighting, see my post of the long-tailed Potoo a few days ago. This was not possible this time, and this mouse lemur did not appear to be disturbed. I may be wrong. Anyway, whet's done is done, and cannot be undone. If you feel that this photo incites viewers and photographers to use disturbing lighting, please feel free to remove it.
Personally, I am more disturbed by (indeed) beautiful photographs posted by numerous photographers on this site that are achieved by continuous artificial feeding over weeks sometimes, or multiple laser-controlled flashes (for hummingbirds), and in general with artificial perches. I always photograph animals in their very natural environment. Wherever possible and authorised, I also walk. Photographing a polar bear, a tiger or a lion on foot is such a more pleasurable experience than from a jeep or a boat. At least, no human imposition, no petrol fumes or noise disturbance. I am not a fan of photos at the nest for endangered species either. 
I am new to this forum and have not posted any of my earlier photos of these great animals.
I am not adding this post to create controversy, but I believe that controlled additional lighting is ok in the middle of the night, when the photographer knows what he is doing and only uses it as a last resort. You, as the chief forum administrator may disagree.
Please, again, feel free to remove (as a recent member, I do not know how to do this). 
Would love to remain a contributing member of this forum.
Ugolino.

Firstly, please call me Carol.  I have the greatest respect for you as someone who cares about your wildlife subjects, and it is obvious from looking at your photos and reading your comments that you love nature. 

There are many people viewing this site who have not got your experience in how to respect wildlife, and are just starting out in nature photography.  I feel it would be wrong if I did not mention that a nocturnal animal appeared to be squinting (half closing its eyes) at the light, when it would normally have its eyes wide open at night.  If this makes a beginner stop and think before possibly causing any change in night vision - even temporarily, then surely that is a good thing? 

You say you would love to remain a contributing member of this forum, and I would love it if you continue to share your wonderful images for us to enjoy. :)

Sincerely,
Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by clement on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:14 am
clement
Forum Contributor
Super duper find and click this..

by Debapratim Saha on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:12 pm
Debapratim Saha
Forum Contributor
Amazing animal and image...well done.
Photography is the only solace in life

8 posts |