http://www.pbase.com/lerkes

Posted by:
Lerkes
Lifetime Member
Member #:00178

by Cindy Marple on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:14 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
They're baaack! I always look forward to your foxes Steve. So sweet and cute!
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by Ron Day on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Great pose, Steve! Could not be more cute.

by Steve Kaluski on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:57 am
Steve Kaluski
Forum Contributor
Member #:02094
Hi Steven, certainly a 'cute' pose, but sadly for me the IQ is really letting things down.

I've shot with the 1DX for over two years and now over the last year shoot with MK2's and you should, even at ISO8000 be getting better results. Get the exposure right and as much data within the Histogram as you can. Avoid lightening the image as detail/IQ will drop away, images do require some NR either within the software you use, or Third Party and obviously heavy cropping will not help. I've shot at ISO25K and it's really surprising the results and even been having discussion where you expand to ISO50K and you will be amazed at the imagery that can be achieved and ultimately the IQ.

Keep pushing, it's a great way to learn.

TFS
Steve

by david fletcher on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:35 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
excellent shot Steve. looking forward to more. love the cub on mum's back
David Fletcher   Moderator.   Birds, Photo & Digital Art

Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:03 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Been missing your foxy families Steve! Always worth waiting for, and this is no exception with the adorable behaviour of the cub who is feeling so brave as he peeps over the vixen's back. If she wasn't there he would probably bolt for cover! Great composition with plenty of room for the vixen's distant gaze, and the soft light shows off lovely detail in the foxes and gives an almost painterly quality to the image. A beauty!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Lerkes on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:58 pm
Lerkes
Lifetime Member
Member #:00178
Steve Kaluski wrote:Hi Steven, certainly a 'cute' pose, but sadly for me the IQ is really letting things down.

I've shot with the 1DX for over two years and now over the last year shoot with MK2's and you should, even at ISO8000 be getting better results. Get the exposure right and as much data within the Histogram as you can. Avoid lightening the image as detail/IQ will drop away, images do require some NR either within the software you use, or Third Party and obviously heavy cropping will not help. I've shot at ISO25K and it's really surprising the results and even been having discussion where you expand to ISO50K and you will be amazed at the imagery that can be achieved and ultimately the IQ.

Keep pushing, it's a great way to learn.

TFS
Steve

Steve - thanks for the critique and suggestions.  I have not had the camera very long and I'm still learning my way around it.   I had been using the 7D II so shooting at 8000 with the 1DX was a new thing for me and my exposure was off a bit.  Hopefully I will have more time with this family soon.  Steve
Steven J Berkowitz, VMD
Kirkwood, PA
http://www.pbase.com/lerkes

by Robert Sabin on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:41 pm
Robert Sabin
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:Been missing your foxy families Steve!   Always worth waiting for, and this is no exception with the adorable behaviour of the cub who is feeling so brave as he peeps over the vixen's back.   If she wasn't there he would probably bolt for cover!    Great composition with plenty of room for the vixen's distant gaze, and the soft light shows off lovely detail in the foxes and gives an almost painterly quality to the image.  A beauty!

by TerryWSmith on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:28 pm
TerryWSmith
Forum Contributor
Sweet.

T.
Terry W Smith
CANON GEAR-24/7

instagram: #imagesontheoutside

9 posts |