Fishing

Posted by Khoe on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:04 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
This big boar was fishing for salmon in the river right next to our group. After his unsuccessful attempt, he reared up to have a better look into the river. With the water dripping off of him, his sear size is on full display, including his sharp front claws. Making this one of my favourite images from the Alaska trip. 

Rain in the background with no crop.
Nikon D810 w/600mm lens
ISO 2000
f8 @ 1/1600

Thanks for looking!

Posted by:
Khoe
Forum Contributor

by david fletcher on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:02 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Powerful bruiser this one Boyd. Impressive shot
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Steve Kaluski on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 pm
Steve Kaluski
Forum Contributor
Member #:02094
If this is not FF Khoe, then more room below and above with less to the LHS would be good. The exposure appears under, I think the metering may have been fooled by the brighter BKG, so the bear is in a lot of shadow and dark, which sadly hides a lot of the finer detail & clarity for me. If you try to 'lift' (lighten) the image then any noise in the shadow parts will be highlighted. At 1600 SS the image should be 'crisper' too, so perhaps a bit more USM to sharpen things up. If you expose to the right on the Histogram without blowing the whites then the more data you will have, the better the image will be.

TFS
Steve

by Andrew Mc on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:19 am
Andrew Mc
Regional Moderator
Member #:00043
Can see why this is a favourite. Some great action there.
Andrew McFadyen | NSN0043
http://www.mcfadyen.org

by Cindy Marple on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:45 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
A bit dark, but when viewed against the dark background, the exposure looks much better- more detail is visible. A vertical shot might have been more fitting but when this happens it can be hard to react fast enough to switch. Better to have a shot than miss it. I might crop a bit from the left though just to minimize the messy branches. A nice moment captured, great with the water dripping off and his obvious attention down-river.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

5 posts |