Hind and Fawn

Posted by david fletcher on Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:00 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 12 posts | 
Not sure if this is to alls taste... but thought to share as sometimes, a differing view says more.  was watching mum and daughter and was intrigued by the interaction..  and the eye, grass in the mouth and dew drops... .   D500 and the Sigma 150-600 OS at 600.  1250 ISO.  1/250 at 6.3.  
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by leigha on Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:34 pm
leigha
Forum Contributor
Ok, so when I first saw the thumb-nail, I didn't see the young one behind the mum. I thought "meh". But after seeing the fawn and seeing the interaction I have to say I really like it. More I look, the more I like. Probably not to everybody's taste, but this shot is unique and tells a story. I like it.

by Carol Clarke on Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:44 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
There is so much to be gleaned from the interaction here. Mother is browsing with grasses in her mouth while staying alert and watching for any danger, the alert pose with raised head, wide eye and pricked ears tells us this. The fawn feels safe because of mother's presence, so is content to leave checking for danger to her, while trying to see what she is eating - much more interesting to a youngster! This very clever image says so much Dave. I love it!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by john on Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:51 pm
john
Lifetime Member
Member #:00404
A nice refreshing change. I love it. Its like book that allows you to make up your own ending.

by Ron Day on Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:04 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Dave, this is sooooooo refreshing! I have a number of images with wildlife looking away that I feel are attractive, but I simply don't have the courage to post them. So, I'm proud off you for stepping up with this beauty! Bravo! This is so different that it allows our mind to wander with different interpretations based on the key elements of mom, fawn, and table fare. Beautiful, original work!

by Cindy Marple on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:33 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
Count me in the "I like it" category! Always good to see strong images that break the "rules" successfully as this does.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by Morkel Erasmus on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:43 pm
Morkel Erasmus
Forum Contributor
I love looking for photos where the animals look away - if they are perpetually looking into the camera, they're not doing much else, eh? And by definition then we have "intruded"? I like this perspective. Would make an interesting B&W version too?
Morkel Erasmus
www.morkelerasmus.com

by mikullashbee on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:41 am
mikullashbee
Forum Contributor
Excellent perspective David. I get the feeling i am looking through the mother deers eyes. Thats what its about evoking a feeling and you've done that very well. Congrats on EP as well. This fresh perspective deserves credit. Cheers
Thanks for looking,
Michael Ashbee
mikeashbeephotography.com

by clement on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:48 am
clement
Forum Contributor
Gorgeous frame

by Neilyb on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:38 am
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
A marmite shot to be sure, and I am still not sure. :|

by LynnS on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:48 pm
LynnS
Forum Contributor
David, appreciate your sensitivity to the nuanced interaction and setting.  Your thoughtful image is like one of those independent movies where it's much less linear and obvious, and rather, about the fleeting perception of things.  Bravo for thinking out of the box and for a job well done.  I know what Ron means about being too chicken to post even favorites, that don't meet certain criteria.  So, you must be a warrior or a rebel ... probably both :)
Lynn

by david fletcher on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:10 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
All, thank you for the time and trouble to post your thoughts.  I have huge respect for you all and is always appreciated.  

Yup to Neil.. Def' a Marmite shot, but life is for living and having a bit of fun so it's good to let the mind explore and push the boundaries..  Nothing ever wrong with rules but is good also to stretch and challenge...

With much of what we look at, there is so much more going on than what we might see at first glance and sometimes I've been lucky to recognise it.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

12 posts |