Cape GreyMongoose

Posted by WDCarrier on Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:42 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
Lambert Bay, South Africa, 2012
Canon 50D, 500mm + 1.4, ISO 400, f8 @ 1/500
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

Posted by:
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:13 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I think a touch of colour correction would help to show his grey coat rather than the magenta tone here. Nice alert pose and lunch!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cindy Marple on Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:29 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
What an interesting animal, and a nice view of it. Agree about the magenta cast, and I'm not sure if it's slightly over-sharpened or just the texture of the fur itself but it looks a bit "crunchy". Nice job on the lighting, I like the dark background.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by WDCarrier on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:08 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
Cindy Marple wrote:What an interesting animal, and a nice view of it.  Agree about the magenta cast, and I'm not sure if it's slightly over-sharpened or just the texture of the fur itself but it looks a bit "crunchy".   Nice job on the lighting, I like the dark background.

The Raw image is brownish.  Initially I tried adjusting the magenta but reducing it to nothing still left the coat brownish.  Checked other images on Google and found some were brown, some grey so it may just be a color phase.  The coat is definitely "crunchy" but appears that way normally...not a critter you'd feel like cuddling with.
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

4 posts |