Armour

Posted by nilanjan.ray on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:05 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
A greater one-horned rhinoceros in Dudhwa National Park, India. Nikon D500 + 200-500mm. 1/800s (it was moving a bit), f/5.6, 500mm.
Nilanjan Ray | www.nilanjanray.in

Posted by:
nilanjan.ray
Forum Contributor

by Gary Gulash on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:58 pm
Gary Gulash
Forum Contributor
Hi Nilanjan, I like this as a semi-abstract study in colour and texture; interesting interpretation of a wildlife subject. Excellent job with the exposure. I am curious however as to exactly what I am seeing. I believe this is a very lean rhino thorax, the verticals are ribs, the pelvis on the left, the shoulder upper right - correct?

by nilanjan.ray on Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:02 am
nilanjan.ray
Forum Contributor
Gary Gulash wrote:Hi Nilanjan, I like this as a semi-abstract study in colour and texture; interesting interpretation of a wildlife subject. Excellent job with the exposure. I am curious however as to exactly what I am seeing. I believe this is a very lean rhino thorax, the verticals are ribs, the pelvis on the left, the shoulder upper right  - correct?
It is a big and old rhino, somewhat gaunt now, after a recent fight. That's the only rhino we saw during this trip. You are correct re the composition.
Nilanjan Ray | www.nilanjanray.in

by Carol Clarke on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:12 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Excellent abstract study of this amazing and distinctive species Nilanjan! It certainly has a very gaunt body but I love the way the light turns the hide to almost burnished bronze!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

4 posts |