grazing moose

Posted by Kelly on Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:20 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Canon Elan 7e, 100-400 IS (@ about 100 and f5.6), Provia 100 @ 200, handheld from a car along an Anchorage road, full frame. Thanks for your looking and for your feedback!
Kelly O'Neill

Posted by:
Kelly
Forum Contributor

by Juli Wilcox on Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:45 pm
Juli Wilcox
Editor in Chief
Member #:00010
Hi Kelly---I've been there and have seen animals along the road like this and have to say, it is thrilling! This photo brings back memories. There seems to be a slight blue cast and I would suggest color-correcting that unless you have a specific reason for keeping it.
[b]Juli Wilcox[/b]
[b]Former Editor in Chief, NSN[/b]

by Kelly on Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:08 pm
Kelly
Forum Contributor
Juli Wilcox wrote:There seems to be a slight blue cast and I would suggest color-correcting that unless you have a specific reason for keeping it.
Juli, No, there was no reason that I wanted her to have the blues. I actually reduced the blue some, but probably not enough.
Kelly O'Neill

by Juli Wilcox on Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:33 pm
Juli Wilcox
Editor in Chief
Member #:00010
Kelly---if you are using PS, go to Image>Adjust>Curves. Click on the center eye-dropper (mid-tones). Set the RGB boxes each to 128. Click OK. Then move your cursor onto the image where it will turn into an eye-dropper. Find the most neutral gray area you can and click on it. That should remove the blue cast and warm the image. You might not hit it the first time, but no biggie, just back up in the history palette, or revert and try it again. This is only one way to color balance (or partially color balance) and there's no one "best" way to do it. Hope that helps! :D
[b]Juli Wilcox[/b]
[b]Former Editor in Chief, NSN[/b]

by Rich S on Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:46 am
Rich S
Lifetime Member
Member #:00019
Nicely done. Doesn't seem to be paying you any attention.

I agree with Juli that it does appear to have a color cast. I find the easiest way to check if there's a cast I don't like is to go to Image>Adjust>Hues and push the slider a looooong way to the right. Funky things will start too happen but when they happen in a color I don't expect, say in blue, then I know I have to make an adjustment.

Rich

5 posts |