Motif: The YAWN (Fur Seal Pup)

Posted by Lillian Roberts on Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:01 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
This is an old and badly done scan of an image I had a lot of fun obtaining. St. Paul Island, Pribiloffs, AK. From the Artie Morris workshop in 2000 (?) where Greg Downing assisted. (A hard to beat combo!)

No clue on the specs. Cropped from horizontal. Provia, likely pushed, Canon stuff.

I really need to do some scanning...

Lillian

Posted by:
Lillian Roberts
Forum Contributor

by NDCheryl on Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:41 am
NDCheryl
Lifetime Member
Member #:00026
Lillian,

What a cute expression. He looks like he could be yawning, singing or screaming for mom! I can understand why you had a lot of fun taking this one.
Cheryl Ertelt
http://www.photosphrases.com
NSN 0026 LTM

by Dennis Olivero on Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:24 am
Dennis Olivero
Lifetime Member
Member #:00020
LR
I have almost this exact same shot and know this seal blind well. I spent quite a few hrs there when I travelled to St Paul this summer. Most of the ones I saw doing this did so as a threat to protect their little bit of turf.. You already mentioned the scan which has a yellow cast and probably increased the whites from the original...Thanks for the post, as I mentioned before I really enjoy marine mammals.
[b]Dennis Olivero[/b]
[url=http://www.northernlightnaturephotography.com][b]Northern Light Nature Photography[/b][/url]
NSN 20

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:57 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I remeber looks like this. Its a nice shot but there is a very heavy green/yellow cast to the image.

4 posts |