Another reflection

Posted by Mary Brun on Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:28 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 12 posts | 
Different angle, different hour, one month before.

View larger size

Canon EOS 5D
Canon EF 17 - 40 mm f/4.0 L USM
ISO 100 - 3.2 s - f/9 - 20 mm  
Polarizer 
Tripod
ND graduated

P.S. I have a question please, is it normal that the images visualized in the browser are slightly less sharp than the original ones?
Thanks to all for your kind and satisfying answers, I want to clarify that I have no problem seeing sharp images here on NatureScapes, 
I see them less sharp on the site where I upload the larger version.
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

Last edited by Mary Brun on Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted by:
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor

by Des on Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:38 pm
Des
Forum Contributor
Bellissimo! Another lovely scene.
Regards,

Des

captivatingnature.co.uk

by david fletcher on Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:40 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Hi Mary.

Re your question,. The images are always less sharp viewed here. I've often not liked having to what I consider over sharpen to try and show what I consider what was my original view. (that's the primary reason I link to a rather larger file size than I would prefer).

I'm a bit old school. Having seen a problem, i look for the solution, and go and fix. Flippin software programmers just do not realise when they do updates, the hassle they cause.

Having said that, your image is a delight. Majestic and other adjectives do not do justice. You have a wonderful eye and is a delight to share.

On the plus side, despite a few technical oddities, the site offers so much more just by the ethos and support by members than quite a few sites I will not mention.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Mary Brun on Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:45 pm
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
david fletcher wrote:Hi Mary.  

Re your question,.  The images are always less sharp viewed here.  I've often not liked having to what I consider over sharpen to try and show what I consider what was my original view.  (that's the primary reason I link to a rather larger file size than I would prefer).  

I'm a bit old school.  Having seen a problem, i look for the solution, and go and fix.  Flippin software programmers just do not realise when they do updates, the hassle they cause.

Having said that, your image is a delight.  Majestic and other adjectives do not do justice.  You have a wonderful eye and is a delight to share.

On the plus side, despite a few technical oddities, the site offers so much more just by the ethos and support by members than quite a few sites I will not mention.
Thanks David for the compliments and for answering my question satisfactorily.
I want to let know that the problem is not found here, on NatureScapes, but on other sites yes. 
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

Last edited by Mary Brun on Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Mary Brun on Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:45 pm
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Des wrote:Bellissimo! Another lovely scene.
Thank you very much Des, you are very kind :) .
Mary

by Carol Clarke on Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:08 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Another beautiful image of that wonderful landscape, Mary! I love the placement of the little house and the reflection is so serene.

In answer to your question, I always click on an image before I comment on it. This will show the uncompressed view which is sharper.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:34 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Carol Clarke wrote:Another beautiful image of that wonderful landscape, Mary!  I love the placement of the little house and the reflection is so serene.  

In answer to your question, I always click on an image before I comment on it.  This will show the uncompressed view which is sharper.  

Carol.
I agree with Carol- a beautiful scene-love the symmetry offset by the little building- a church? And yes-click on any image genearally brings it up to the quality you might hope to see here.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by ADKShooter on Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:18 pm
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167
Carol Clarke wrote:Another beautiful image of that wonderful landscape, Mary!  I love the placement of the little house and the reflection is so serene.  

In answer to your question, I always click on an image before I comment on it.  This will show the uncompressed view which is sharper.  

Carol.

+1.  I also like the house (or small church), and I always click to see if a larger, sharper image is included.

by John Labrenz on Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:06 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Dream scenery in your country Mary!!!!
So beautiful
Love this.

by Mary Brun on Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:05 am
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Thanks to all of you Carol, Cynthia, ADKShooter and John, for your appreciation and advice.
Mary
Mary

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:26 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Nicely done, almost wish for a little less polarization so that the reflection is clean without the underwater rocks. I usually take shots like this polarized and then also with the polarization dialed way back and then decide later which I like better.

by Mary Brun on Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:36 am
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Nicely done, almost wish for a little less polarization so that the reflection is clean without the underwater rocks.  I usually take shots like this polarized and then also with the polarization dialed way back and then decide later which I like better.
I always have a tendency to use too much polarizer, even in the skies (I love exaggeratedly blue skies). 
You gave me a great advice, because I never thought of doing this. 
Take multiple shots with different polarizer settings and then choose the best one. 
I am really grateful to you   :D .
Mary

12 posts |