Monk Chef

Posted by E.J. Peiker on Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:12 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
Monk Chef - Ladakh, India
a7R4, 28-75mm @ 31mm, ISO 1600, f/6.3, 1/60s
I spent several hours yesterday in a Buddhist Monastery located at 12,000 feet above sea level in the Western Himalayas.  Here is a monastic cook, preparing lunch for the monks...

Posted by:
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002

by Carol Clarke on Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:33 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
He's probably got the warmest job in the monastery, and in that location it must be a bonus. What a wonderful image, warming his hands in the heat from the stove, I really love this!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:50 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
So evocative, so ancient. I can imagine this scene hasn't changed for many years (except for the monk). Love the contrasting reds and his raised hand. To me it seems as though he is blessing the food.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Gary Gulash on Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:12 pm
Gary Gulash
Forum Contributor
Brilliant composition E.J., love the photo. It looks like you applied some artistic license to adjust the image, high pass or something, that adds a bit of character to the scene. The colors are superb and there is something about the gleam of light from the old metal pots and pans that is sublime.
(Hey, looking forward to your impressions of the Sony longs lens gear workout in the Himalayas)

by david fletcher on Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:40 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Gary Gulash wrote:Brilliant composition E.J., love the photo. It looks like you applied some artistic license to adjust the image, high pass or something, that adds a bit of character to the scene. The colors are superb and there is something about the gleam of light from the old metal pots and pans that is sublime. 
Plus one.  Nicely done.  Pleasing to the eye and a pleasure to see into their world.  The word, serenity comes to mind.  
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Ron Day on Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:53 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Love this!!!

by John Labrenz on Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:50 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
david fletcher wrote:
Gary Gulash wrote:Brilliant composition E.J., love the photo. It looks like you applied some artistic license to adjust the image, high pass or something, that adds a bit of character to the scene. The colors are superb and there is something about the gleam of light from the old metal pots and pans that is sublime. 
Plus one.  Nicely done.  Pleasing to the eye and a pleasure to see into their world.  The word, serenity comes to mind.  

Plus 2

Love this!

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:54 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
(Hey, looking forward to your impressions of the Sony longs lens gear workout in the Himalayas)
Actually not, it is essentially untouched except for adjustments required from a relatively flat RAW file...

8 posts |