Depuis le deuxième étage de la tour Eiffel

Posted by 1943mike on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:22 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Canon 30D, 17-40 f/4 @17mm, 1/400 or 1/500?* sec., f/8, ISO 100

* Several vertical exposures used to create the panorama and the exif data shows both shutter speeds.

This panorama was captured from the second floor of the Eiffel Tower as the pedantic title of this image suggests :).

The Parisian skyline may have changed in the last 12 1/2 years but this is how it looked when I was there in July of 2007.

Posted by:
1943mike
Forum Contributor

by AForns on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:51 pm
AForns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00233
Great view !!! Never been there but its a must destination !!! ... great work with the pano !!
Alfred Forns
NSN 0233

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

by Carol Clarke on Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:07 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
That's some view, Mike!  This must look amazing as a large pano print.  8) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by 1943mike on Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:08 pm
1943mike
Forum Contributor
Alfred and Carol,

Thank you both for your kind words.

I've decided to post a few more of my one and only "grand tour" of Europe. I have the one I posted of the bridge in Lucerne, Switzerland printed, framed and hanging on a wall in my condo. One other image from that trip hangs on a wall next to the Switzerland pano and tha's a composite I created from several exposures of the Colosseum in Rome. It's nothing special from an artistic, photographic point of view but it was one of my favorite places to be in while I was there so I'll probably post that image as well. I'll probably post a "blah" shot of Neuschwanstein as well - I only had a few minutes before we had to board the bus looking up at that fairy tale castle. I'm sure E.J. and others here have some wonderful shots of that edifice. That's one of the places to which I'd love to return and spend some time photographing.

Sorry for my long-windedness.

Mike

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:01 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Spectacular view, Mike! Appreciate your travelogues- I can only imagine how exciting it must be to get photos from places like this. That must be one huge skyscraper in the background-so incongruous with the old buildings in the foreground.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:48 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
1943mike wrote:Alfred and Carol,

Thank you both for your kind words.

I've decided to post a few more of my one and only "grand tour" of Europe. I have the one I posted of the bridge in Lucerne, Switzerland printed, framed and hanging on a wall in my condo. One other image from that trip hangs on a wall next to the Switzerland pano and tha's a composite I created from several exposures of the Colosseum in Rome. It's nothing special from an artistic, photographic point of view but it was one of my favorite places to be in while I was there so I'll probably post that image as well. I'll probably post a "blah" shot of Neuschwanstein as well - I only had a few minutes before we had to board the bus looking up at that fairy tale castle. I'm sure E.J. and others here have some wonderful shots of that edifice. That's one of the places to which I'd love to return and spend some time photographing.

Sorry for my long-windedness.

Mike

No apology necessary, Mike.  Taking a few moments to let the viewer into your thoughts, actions and feelings when you were taking the photos provides a fascinating insight into the trips taken, places visited and the memories that linger long after returning home.  Just a few of the reasons why I love being part of NSN and enjoying the member's images.  :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

6 posts |