Italian Riviera

Posted by AForns on Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:23 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Cinque Terre is probably the Italian's Riviera most Iconic area.  Great time on my visit last year and what a place for photography !!  Unusual to have so many opportunities as a tourist.  

I rather go on a photography specific trip but this trip was one I would actually do again minus the transportation :)  I was on the MS Symphony of the Seas, largest passenger ship in the world, can not recommend.  Capacity is over six thousand passenger and we had around five thousand five hundred.  Spacious but not to my liking. 

Sony ILCE-7RM3
FE 24-105 F4 G OSS @ 105
f/ 4.0  1/1000  ISO 100
Alfred Forns
NSN 0233

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

Posted by:
AForns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00233

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:38 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
What a colorful shot, Al. Even the people are colorfully dressed. Love how all the buildings are stacked up- got to wonder what it's like to live there. I see the iconic laundry hanging out. :) Terrific shot! I can't imagine going on a tour boat let alone the monster such as you describe. Good thing you got something out of the trip, like this cool photo!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Gary Gulash on Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:12 pm
Gary Gulash
Forum Contributor
How do people live in "that"? Wonderful photo though.

by AForns on Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:02 pm
AForns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00233
Gary Gulash wrote:How do people live in "that"? Wonderful photo though.

Garry it is a strange place, there are as the name implies, five connected villages.   Need to use train or boat getting from one to the other.  I'm not sure I could live in that particular one, the ones at the start or end do have connection to the rest of the country and seem some "resident friendly"

btw getting in and out on the buss is a bit of a mess due to the narrow streets and constant jams !!!
Alfred Forns
NSN 0233

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

by Carol Clarke on Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:35 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I can't imagine how people live like that, or being on a cruise ship like the Symphony!  Great photo for capturing this scene and its vibrant colours, I can feel the hustle and bustle from here.  :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

5 posts |