Kapellbrücke, Luzern, Switzerland

Posted by 1943mike on Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:00 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Canon 30D, ISO 200, f/8.0, 1/800 sec.

Panorama created from 9 exposures. Some cloning of the bridge on which I stood to create the photograph was worked on in PS. The cloned area was limited to the lower left corner of the image.

In the summer of 2007 I went on a mad, hurried, but delightful bus tour of Europe. I visited 10 countries (If you count Monaco) in 3 weeks. Lots of travel time but it was what I wanted since I'd never been to Europe and knew that I'd probably never be able to afford to go again. I am happy I went but wish I'd been able to stay a little longer in some places.

One of my favorite places was Luzern. So clean - even with all the tourists - and very photogenic.

My mongrel lineage includes mostly French and German with some Irish in the mix so I may post some other old shots of my trip. I hope that's not too corny/banal.

4/11/20: Thought I'd include a link to a larger version. Too much time on my hands .. :) 

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49762329141_3353838101_k.jpg

Last edited by 1943mike on Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted by:
1943mike
Forum Contributor

by AForns on Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:03 am
AForns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00233
Love seeing travel images Mike, particularly so well done. This is a must to open up for appreciation.

Good work on the individual pano images and processing !! Traveling can be addicting :). Looking forward to more images !!
Alfred Forns
NSN 0233

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:33 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Lovely composition -beautiful clouds -I like the blue boats (I assume) for contrast. Looks like such a special place-I wish we could enlarge panos even more here-I expect the details would be wonderful. A must click, at least! Your photo makes me wish I could go there!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:12 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
A lovely composition and very well done image, Mike.  I like that you give us the background information with each photo, so we get the lead up to where you were and why, and then we can really appreciate the scenes you have captured on your travels.  Thank you for sharing both.  

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:26 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Absolutely love this. The Swiss have some great castles that go out into the water.

5 posts |