Art in a country road

Posted by Alan Melle on Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:08 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
Posted just for fun. I've driven this road many times and finally I just had to capture an image of the crazy pattern in the road "repairs".

Sony a6400, 10-18mm f/4 @10mm, f/16
Alan Melle
NSN0041

Posted by:
Alan Melle
Lifetime Member
Member #:00041

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:07 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Looks like a jigsaw puzzle! And I thought my front street was bad, though ours are much rougher. Nice leading line. Glad you had the vision to capture ir.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Carol Clarke on Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:58 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I've seen it all now, Alan!  Are you sure someone didn't do this for a bet...... or after a long session in the local bar.  :D

Crazy world we live in, and thanks for the smile.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ron Day on Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:03 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Great find and image, Alan.

by Alan Melle on Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:42 pm
Alan Melle
Lifetime Member
Member #:00041
Carol Clarke wrote:I've seen it all now, Alan!  Are you sure someone didn't do this for a bet...... or after a long session in the local bar.  :D

Carol.

Hi Carol,

Out here in the rural west cash strapped counties repair roads by simply sealing cracks in the pavement with tar until the road inevitably deteriorates to the point of no return. This is one of the more extreme examples. The impetus for taking this photo now was a big orange ADOT sign informing drivers that this road will be closed for maintenance in a few days. When that happens this jigsaw will disappear!

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it.
Alan Melle
NSN0041

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:25 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Very entertaining! Be sad to see the "art" go away, but I suppose it will make for smoother travel! Great eye to see this! Thanks for the smile. They do this kind of repair here too, but there don't seem to be any artists on the crew such as seen here. ;)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:22 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Alan Melle wrote:
...........The impetus for taking this photo now was a big orange ADOT sign informing drivers that this road will be closed for maintenance in a few days. When that happens this jigsaw will disappear!
Better get out there and shoot as many views as you can! This is a unique opportunity! A view from a drone would be awesome.

Joe 
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by david fletcher on Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:57 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
wonderful patterns. I'm guessing the road repairers were on some type of sauce... (sort of what Carol thought too).
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:20 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Alan Melle wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:I've seen it all now, Alan!  Are you sure someone didn't do this for a bet...... or after a long session in the local bar.  :D

Carol.

Hi Carol,

Out here in the rural west cash strapped counties repair roads by simply sealing cracks in the pavement with tar until the road inevitably deteriorates to the point of no return. This is one of the more extreme examples. The impetus for taking this photo now was a big orange ADOT sign informing drivers that this road will be closed for maintenance in a few days. When that happens this jigsaw will disappear!

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it.
Thanks for the explanation, Alan. :)   Over here we don't get many cracks, we get more potholes, often caused by surface breakdown during winter cold and ice on the road surface.  Trying to avoid potholes - and not always managing to evade them has caused many a normally placid driver to burst forth with a collection of colourful expletives................. :oops:  :wink:

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by John Labrenz on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:24 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
At least they seal the cracks....up here they used to do that but now they've skipped that and wait until the point of no return stage :evil:
neat image and nicely spotted.

10 posts |