fbpixel

Pickford Hay Field


Posted by Paul Rossi on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
Image
Taken in Michigan's Eastern Upper Peninsula (EUP).  The hay fields surrounding the little town of Pickford in the EUP are prized for races horses in the U.S. The natural mix of grasses is high in natural opioids, which aids their training. This Pickford field, under a threatening sky, has a seasonal rivulet snaking through it.  It was harvested a few days ago, about 2 weeks after this photo.  I took the image hand held standing on top of my van to emphasize the rivulet in the foreground and depth of the scene.

Cano 7D Mark 2 + 17-40mm lens @ 19mm
1/125 sec, f/22
Mode: Av
Metering: Evaluative
ISO: 320

User avatar
Posted by:
Paul Rossi
Forum Contributor
Location: Michigan's Eastern Upper Peninsula
Member #:02113
Posts: 1195
Joined: 08 Feb 2018

   

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:59 pm
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 13381
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
Excellent scene, Paul- I like the threatening clouds and lush greens. How strange, though, that they contain opioids! Perhaps people are grazing on them too?
The snake-like river is definitely a nice uniting factor.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

by Paul Rossi on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:45 pm
User avatar
Paul Rossi
Forum Contributor
Posts: 1195
Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Location: Michigan's Eastern Upper Peninsula
Member #:02113
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Excellent scene, Paul- I like the threatening clouds and lush greens. How strange, though, that they contain opioids! Perhaps people are grazing on them too?
The snake-like river is definitely a nice uniting factor.


I got a laugh out of this - you have to know some of the people there to fully understand.
 

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:48 am
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 13381
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
Paul Rossi wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Excellent scene, Paul- I like the threatening clouds and lush greens. How strange, though, that they contain opioids! Perhaps people are grazing on them too?
The snake-like river is definitely a nice uniting factor.


I got a laugh out of this - you have to know some of the people there to fully understand.

:lol: Do tell!!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

by Carol Clarke on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:10 am
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 60025
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Bucks, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Paul Rossi wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Excellent scene, Paul- I like the threatening clouds and lush greens. How strange, though, that they contain opioids! Perhaps people are grazing on them too?
The snake-like river is definitely a nice uniting factor.


I got a laugh out of this - you have to know some of the people there to fully understand.

:lol: Do tell!!



Perhaps its safer that he doesn't........ :( 

Certainly a lovely scene and amazing sky, Paul.  I spent my early years living near Newmarket in England, the home of UK Horseracing, and the thought of those highly strung thoroughbreds on opioids is truly mind boggling!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Paul Rossi on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:56 pm
User avatar
Paul Rossi
Forum Contributor
Posts: 1195
Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Location: Michigan's Eastern Upper Peninsula
Member #:02113
Carol Clarke wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Paul Rossi wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Excellent scene, Paul- I like the threatening clouds and lush greens. How strange, though, that they contain opioids! Perhaps people are grazing on them too?
The snake-like river is definitely a nice uniting factor.


I got a laugh out of this - you have to know some of the people there to fully understand.

:lol: Do tell!!



Perhaps its safer that he doesn't........ :( 

Certainly a lovely scene and amazing sky, Paul.  I spent my early years living near Newmarket in England, the home of UK Horseracing, and the thought of those highly strung thoroughbreds on opioids is truly mind boggling!

Carol.


The natural opioids in the hay have a gentle effect, with no "overdose" possible.
 

by david fletcher on Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:26 pm
User avatar
david fletcher
Lifetime Member
Posts: 19914
Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Location: UK
Member #:00525
Paul Rossi wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Paul Rossi wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Excellent scene, Paul- I like the threatening clouds and lush greens. How strange, though, that they contain opioids! Perhaps people are grazing on them too?
The snake-like river is definitely a nice uniting factor.


I got a laugh out of this - you have to know some of the people there to fully understand.

:lol: Do tell!!



Perhaps its safer that he doesn't........ :( 

Certainly a lovely scene and amazing sky, Paul.  I spent my early years living near Newmarket in England, the home of UK Horseracing, and the thought of those highly strung thoroughbreds on opioids is truly mind boggling!

Carol.


The natural opioids in the hay have a gentle effect, with no "overdose" possible.

bother!   I was just booking my flight!   Personally, i like to know when I'm in pain, so I can see what needs fixing...LOL. 

super shot by the way.  
Make your life spectacular!
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:  
7 posts | 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group