Chapel in the clouds, Ticino, Switzerland

Posted by Swissblad on Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
Nikon D500 with Sigma 150 Macro
Processed with PS CC and Nik Silver Efex.

Thanks for the visit!

Posted by:
Swissblad
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:23 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
The dark clouds create a very moody atmosphere, and the tiny chapel's small size emphasizes the vastness of its surroundings. To me, this is a very compelling image.

by Swissblad on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:17 pm
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:The dark clouds create a very moody atmosphere, and the tiny chapel's small size emphasizes the vastness of its surroundings. To me, this is a very compelling image.
Thanks Ron, appreciate you stopping by.

by Carol Clarke on Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:21 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
A very dark and brooding atmosphere with just a glimpse of the tiny chapel. This is a quite unique take on this scene and I applaud you for that! The mood is so intense, that I wouldn't be surprised if this was the opening scene from a horror story........''as we followed the winding trail, we caught our first glimpse of the castle, the home of Count Dracula, barely visible atop the mountain and shrouded in the dark, swirling clouds,,,a shiver ran down my spine..''

Well done!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Swissblad on Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:34 am
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:A very dark and brooding atmosphere with just a glimpse of the tiny chapel.  This is a quite unique take on this scene and I applaud you for that!  The mood is so intense, that I wouldn't be surprised if this was the opening scene from a horror story........''as we followed the winding trail, we caught our first glimpse of the castle, the home of Count Dracula, barely visible atop the mountain and shrouded in the dark, swirling clouds,,,a shiver ran down my spine..''

Well done!

Carol.
Thanks Carol - it was a chance event - change in weather as we returned from a floral excursion - hence - the use of a macro lens!

by Carol Clarke on Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:39 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Swissblad wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:A very dark and brooding atmosphere with just a glimpse of the tiny chapel.  This is a quite unique take on this scene and I applaud you for that!  The mood is so intense, that I wouldn't be surprised if this was the opening scene from a horror story........''as we followed the winding trail, we caught our first glimpse of the castle, the home of Count Dracula, barely visible atop the mountain and shrouded in the dark, swirling clouds,,,a shiver ran down my spine..''

Well done!

Carol.
Thanks Carol - it was a chance event - change in weather as we returned from a floral excursion - hence - the use of a macro lens!
I have also used my Sigma 180 Macro lens on several occasions for landscapes, it works very well!  :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:18 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Swissblad wrote:

Well done!

Carol.
Oh, my...and I am looking at this just before bedtime!  Good call Carol-your imagination is , well...surreal! :).

Nice work-amazing mood!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Swissblad on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:35 pm
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Swissblad wrote:

Well done!

Carol.
Oh, my...and I am looking at this just before bedtime!  Good call Carol-your imagination is , well...surreal! :).

Nice work-amazing mood!
Thanks Cynthia....hope you slept well....;)

by Mary Brun on Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:52 am
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Beautiful! So dramatic and very, very intense.
Mary
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

9 posts |