Geometry

Posted by Jens Peermann on Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:25 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
For my annual "First Sunrise of the Year" shot I picked the Sundial Bridge in Redding this year. It was a bit of a disappointment because I had premeditated to take a tele shot from a distance to get a big rising sun behind the bridge. Well, the vicinity of that bridge is not arranged with photographers in mind, so I ended up getting a wide angle shot from nearby with a tiny sun. I will post that shot later, after I show the images I took the day before while scouting the area.

A7RII, Voigtländer Heliar 15/4.5 @ f/11
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

Posted by:
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:13 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Interesting perspective for what I would associate with an ant's eye view, Jens! It certainly makes the most of those strong diagonal lines.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:34 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Fascinating structure- you've really got an eye for shape and form. I'm curious about the tree at an angle- is that part of your perspective or a function of the wide angle view...or probably both. It adds a surreal element to an already wild looking structure!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Jens Peermann on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:28 pm
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Fascinating structure- you've really got an eye for shape and form. I'm curious about the tree at an angle- is that part of your perspective or a function of the wide angle view...or probably both. It adds a surreal element to an already wild looking structure!
The terrain around this structure required me to point the camera up into the sky to get the components I want into the frame. That causes distortion with any lens, but particularly with wide angle lenses. On some images I correct that, but on this one it was more important to me to have a triangle in the center and the adjacent shapes to touch three of the four corners of the frame; so I left it as is.
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

4 posts |