Fall Tree in Vermont-take 2

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:12 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
Per, request, same tree I posted earlier- different angle, different camera- colors have evolved-not as expected. One week later, reds have turned to orange and yellow, greens also.

D500, 16-80 f/2.8-4, 1/8000,f/4,ISO 1600
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by SantaFeJoe on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:04 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Amazing transformation from the earlier colors! I never would have expected that. Still, a very pleasant scene.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Jens Peermann on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:30 am
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
I like the tighter composition better than the first one. I also think the normal saturation of the colors is a benefit, compared to in-your-face saturation that many photographers cannot resist when it comes to fall color. Well done!
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:37 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Jens Peermann wrote:I like the tighter composition better than the first one. I also think the normal saturation of the colors is a benefit, compared to in-your-face saturation that many photographers cannot resist when it comes to fall color. Well done!
Thanks, Jens. Yes, I like this one better too. Different camera also. When I look at my other post, I suppose it appears a bit over the top. It was originally underexposed. Perhaps I brought up the colors a bit too much. That said, the reds were really intense. It is very odd , the way this tree has changed. Colors here have been mostly yellows and browns- hardly any reds. But one would expect red to go to red! We've had hard freezes, drought and unusually high temperatures this spring , summer and fall. Very strange altogether. Parts of Vermont have had some beautiful (normal) color.
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:21 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
The little creatures are still there....... but quite a few of the leaves have gone!    Fascinating how the different colours have transformed already to this more uniform shade in just a week.  I like both views. :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ed Cordes on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:57 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
I really like the yellow/golden leaves and the composition. The angles of the mountains apex just at the tree so it brings my eye to it. Just a bit of wondering if a darker sky would make the tree pop a bit more?
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by Mako_Elite on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:06 pm
Mako_Elite
Forum Contributor
Amazing to see color changes so fast to full yellow. Very pretty.

Lud

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:12 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Ed Cordes wrote:I really like the yellow/golden leaves and the composition.   The angles of the mountains apex just at the tree so it brings my eye to it.  Just a bit of wondering if a darker sky would make the tree pop a bit more?
Thanks Ed. Yes, I suppose I could darken the sky if selected. Otherwise the whole thing would be too saturated, I think. It would be a nicer contrast.

8 posts |