Fall Begins in Vermont

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:48 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
Colors are not quite peak in my part of Vermont, but the tree in this farm field is halfway there. A foggy morning.
Canon PowerShot G7 MarkII
1/200,f/5.6,ISO 250
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by Ron Day on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:03 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Gorgeous color in this tree, Cindy. And it appears that the trees in the background are beginning to change too. Are those little critters under the tree?

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:42 am
Cynthia Crawford
Ron Day wrote:Gorgeous color in this tree, Cindy. And it appears that the trees in the background are beginning to change too. Are those little critters under the tree?
Hi Ron-thanks.

Yes, the trees are gradually turning, but lately it's been hot here-70+ degrees. Strange...(or the new normal?). Not tree turning weather.  No critters under the tree that I know of, though a squirrel would not be surprising- we are having "squirrel-mageddon here. :wink:
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ed Cordes on Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Glad to see some color in the tree. I like the fog.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by Jens Peermann on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:03 pm
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
Interesting, this tree seem to go from green straight to red, without the customary yellow in between.

I am planning a trip to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine (the last three I have never visited) in late September of next year. I chose that time to catch the early fall colors. Would that be too early?
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:50 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Jens Peermann wrote:Interesting, this tree seem to go from green straight to red, without the customary yellow in between.

I am planning a trip to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine (the last three I have never visited) in late September of next year. I chose that time to catch the early fall colors. Would that be too early?
Hi Jens

Late September is probably a time when things will be variable- further north you might hit close to peak foliage- perhaps, for instance , in the White Mountains in N.H.  I live in central Vt and we have not hit peak foliage yet. We may not, either-it's been a strange year. You can see that in the maple tree- they are changing earlier than the other trees for the past few years, and some have gone straight to brown.
That said, I'm sure you'll see much beauty wherever you go, whenever you go. There are a lot of foliage tracking sites out there.

There is some discussion here that might be of interest:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=278890

by Carol Clarke on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:13 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Ron Day wrote:Gorgeous color in this tree, Cindy. And it appears that the trees in the background are beginning to change too. Are those little critters under the tree?

I had the same thoughts!  Looks like a couple of prairie dog type animals.  Then I thought they were maybe little fence or tree stumps.  :)   Isn't it great to have the seasons, and beautiful colours like this!  This year is so messed up with the summer heatwave and drought, I don't know if this autumn will be much at all.  We had temperatures of 75 degrees F. today - crazy for October.  I never thought I would be wanting it to turn colder, but this year I am.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Mako_Elite on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:54 pm
Mako_Elite
Forum Contributor
I love the colors Cindy! What a beauty. Please post some more shots when the tree get full red like it is on fire.

Ludo

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:03 am
Cynthia Crawford
Mako_Elite wrote:I love the colors Cindy! What a beauty. Please post some more shots when the tree get full red like it is on fire.

Ludo
Thanks Ludo. I saw it yesterday but did not have a short lens. Strangely, it is mostly yellow now! Will try to get another take on it.

by SantaFeJoe on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:11 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Jens Peermann wrote:Interesting, this tree seem to go from green straight to red, without the customary yellow in between.
Hey Cindy
Interesting how the image you posted now(linked below) has gone to the yellow/greens from the reds/greens in this image:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=280045

It almost seems backwards!!! I really think the fog is a great complement to the tree.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

10 posts |