Motif # 1

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:32 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
This was taken many years ago in Rockport Mass. This little building, called "Motif #1"   has attracted artists from all over the world-it is sometimes described as the most painted building in the world! (Hmmm...). Anyway, it is a popular tourist attraction , as is the town of Rockport. Rockport was the home of many famous artists. It is presently more commercial, but still holds some of it's charm.
The ducks in the foreground are Common Eiders.
Pana DMC-FZ30 1/1000,f/8,ISO 400
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:39 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Interesting shot, the boat and ducks add so much to this giving it life.

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:22 am
Cynthia Crawford
E.J. Peiker wrote:Interesting shot, the boat and ducks add so much to this giving it life.
Thanks, E.J. It is rare to see this without a lot of boats and people around. Ducks, however, like the shelter of the harbor. This was taken in November, so the tourists weren't around. :)
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:46 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I agree with E.J. I think the ducks, especially, add so much to your lovely image of this replica fishing shack. It sounds like its quite a magnet in the art world!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ron Day on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:35 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Very cool building, and the stacked stone work below adds a lot of interest. Regarding Motif #1, I’ve been searching the announcements, etc. here at the Travel and Culture Gallery for the photography “motif,” thinking that motifs had returned to NatureScapes. Then I discover it is the name of the building. Duh.

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:44 am
Cynthia Crawford
Ron Day wrote:Very cool building, and the stacked stone work below adds a lot of interest. Regarding Motif #1, I’ve been searching the announcements, etc. here at the Travel and Culture Gallery for the photography “motif,” thinking that motifs had returned to NatureScapes. Then I discover it is the name of the building. Duh.
Ah, well. I wish we still had "motifs". It used to be fun. :?

by Ron Day on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:51 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Ron Day wrote:Very cool building, and the stacked stone work below adds a lot of interest. Regarding Motif #1, I’ve been searching the announcements, etc. here at the Travel and Culture Gallery for the photography “motif,” thinking that motifs had returned to NatureScapes. Then I discover it is the name of the building. Duh.
It was fun. And my use of the term “duh” was referring to my silly inability to understand the title of your image, not disappointment in the title.  :)

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:50 am
Cynthia Crawford
Ron Day wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
It was fun. And my use of the term “duh” was referring to my silly inability to understand the title of your image, not disappointment in the title.  :)
Yeah, I get that , Ron. :lol: 

8 posts |