Sheep Hills Art Silo

Posted by Kim on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:27 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
This is the most colourful of the 6 silos in the art trail. To see all six visit here,

http://img.gg/dyh9dxz

This site only shows a reduced size version so original quality is much better.

Shot with a Nikon D750, 24-70 @ 27mm. F11, 1/400.

I have not corrected the distortion as on some of the silos it was not possible to get enough space around the silos for a good final result. I plan to go back and try some new angles.

Posted by:
Kim
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:16 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
It must be quite a sight to actually see these artworks rising out of the landscape Kim! Well worth a click on the image to see the uncompressed view and the fine detail in the painting. Impressive!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:51 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Wow- amazing work, and a really nice photo of it. Well done! The clouds behind and the simple foreground really make an excellent composition.

Do you have Adobe Photoshop? You can use "Edit-perspective warp" to correct this if that sot of thing appeals to you. Sometimes you just can't get far enough away! If you are willing I can show you an example with this photo.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:15 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Very cool, great shot. I think I would do just a bit of perspective correction if they were my shots.

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:53 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I’m sure just being able to see them was a thrill. The artists are to be commended, for sures. The birds and the image with the railroad tracks on the other site are really nice. I presume they are yours, as well.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Kim on Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:35 pm
Kim
Forum Contributor
Thanks for the comments every one.

Joe yes all the images on that site are mine and from the trip. Thanks for your help.

Re the perspective correction, yes I have the latest photoshop and do know how to correct the files. My dilemma is that some of the silos are very close to the main road and you can no longer get back far enough to get enough room to correct the files. I did find it frustrating as people were pulling up in cars and caravans in front of the silos making it even more difficult.

I am planning a second trip and using the knowledge I gained plus hopefully get some night shots of the silos.

by Gene Gwin on Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:13 pm
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
Kim, It always impresses me how someone can paint such large murals that are in the correct perspective.

7 posts |