fbpixel

Moulton Barn


Posted by MalcolmBenn on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 18 posts | 
Image
Taken last October.  Four separate trips before I finally had the good fortune to have the ground fog dissipate and give me this view for a bit over 5 mins.  


https://flic.kr/p/26ETUJoMoulton Barn, Jackson Hole by Malcolm Benn, on Flickr

Posted by:
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
Location: Oakville, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1119
Joined: 26 Oct 2008

   

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:00 pm
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 11048
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
Wow- amazing light on the mountains!! Worth the wait, I'd say. This is a classic, beautifully done.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

by Ron Day on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:48 pm
User avatar
Ron Day
Moderator
Posts: 9273
Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Member #:00819
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Wow- amazing light on the mountains!! Worth the wait, I'd say. This is a classic, beautifully done.

I agree, lovely lighting.
 

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:40 am
User avatar
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Posts: 82321
Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Location: Arizona
Member #:00002
A classic in gorgeous light!
 

by Carol Clarke on Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:31 am
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 56558
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Bucks, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
I loved the previous one you posted last year after your trip, and I love this one! We see many images of this iconic view - but this magical light with the sun kissed peaks giving the illusion of fire on the mountains, just rockets this one way up to superb status. Beautifully done Malcolm!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by MalcolmBenn on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:03 am
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
Posts: 1119
Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario, CANADA
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Wow- amazing light on the mountains!! Worth the wait, I'd say. This is a classic, beautifully done.


Thank you Cynthia, it was a magic 10 mins .... cold but magic :)
 

by MalcolmBenn on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:04 am
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
Posts: 1119
Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario, CANADA
Ron Day wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Wow- amazing light on the mountains!! Worth the wait, I'd say. This is a classic, beautifully done.

I agree, lovely lighting.



Thank you Ron.
 

by MalcolmBenn on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:05 am
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
Posts: 1119
Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario, CANADA
E.J. Peiker wrote:
A classic in gorgeous light!



Thanks E.J.  
 

by MalcolmBenn on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:08 am
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
Posts: 1119
Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario, CANADA
Carol Clarke wrote:
I loved the previous one you posted last year after your trip, and I love this one!  We see many images of this iconic view - but this magical light with the sun kissed peaks giving the illusion of fire on the mountains, just rockets this one way up to superb status.  Beautifully done Malcolm!

Carol.


Thank you Carol, I had forgotten that I had posted a very similar image last year ... this one is a bit tighter view but very similar oops.  I'll suggest that I was blinded by the fire on the mountains.  Cheers.
 

by Carol Clarke on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:06 am
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 56558
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Bucks, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
MalcolmBenn wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:
I loved the previous one you posted last year after your trip, and I love this one!  We see many images of this iconic view - but this magical light with the sun kissed peaks giving the illusion of fire on the mountains, just rockets this one way up to superb status.  Beautifully done Malcolm!

Carol.


Thank you Carol, I had forgotten that I had posted a very similar image last year ... this one is a bit tighter view but very similar oops.  I'll suggest that I was blinded by the fire on the mountains.  Cheers.



Hey, that wasn't a criticism, Malcolm!  With images this good its a pleasure to see them, so don't stop.  :D 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by MalcolmBenn on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:00 pm
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
Posts: 1119
Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario, CANADA
Carol Clarke wrote:
MalcolmBenn wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:
I loved the previous one you posted last year after your trip, and I love this one!  We see many images of this iconic view - but this magical light with the sun kissed peaks giving the illusion of fire on the mountains, just rockets this one way up to superb status.  Beautifully done Malcolm!

Carol.


Thank you Carol, I had forgotten that I had posted a very similar image last year ... this one is a bit tighter view but very similar oops.  I'll suggest that I was blinded by the fire on the mountains.  Cheers.



Hey, that wasn't a criticism, Malcolm!  With images this good its a pleasure to see them, so don't stop.  :D 

Carol.


lol ... no worries Carol, it's just embarrassing that I didn't remember having posted a very similar image last year, thanks again.
 

by MalcolmBenn on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:42 am
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
Posts: 1119
Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario, CANADA
Thanks so much to everyone who to the time to have a look and for the Editor's Pick :)
 

by Gene Gwin on Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:16 pm
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
Posts: 3169
Joined: 26 Feb 2015
Member #:02042
The Great Malcolm Benn, This is excellent. Congrats.
 

by Robert Sabin on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:40 pm
Robert Sabin
Forum Contributor
Posts: 7414
Joined: 23 Feb 2004
E.J. Peiker wrote:
A classic in gorgeous light!
 

by david fletcher on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:52 am
User avatar
david fletcher
Lifetime Member
Posts: 17473
Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Location: UK
Member #:00525
long way down to the bottom here Malcolm. Congrats
Make your life spectacular!
 

by MalcolmBenn on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:05 pm
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
Posts: 1119
Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario, CANADA
Gene Gwin wrote:
The Great Malcolm Benn, This is excellent.  Congrats.


Hey Gene, good to hear from you and thank you ... looking forward to next years visit to Laguna Seca.
 

by MalcolmBenn on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:06 pm
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
Posts: 1119
Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario, CANADA
Robert Sabin wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:
A classic in gorgeous light!



Thanks Robert.
 

by MalcolmBenn on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:07 pm
MalcolmBenn
Forum Contributor
Posts: 1119
Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Location: Oakville, Ontario, CANADA
david fletcher wrote:
long way down to the bottom here Malcolm.  Congrats


Thank you David, much appreciated.  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:  
18 posts | 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group