A Steptoe Morning

Posted by E.J. Peiker on Tue May 29, 2018 1:30 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Steptoe Butte - The Palouse, Washington
P1 XF-IQ3100, 75-150mm @ 75mm (~50mm FF equiv), ISO 100, f/8, 1/40s

Just a very nice, but very cold, early morning scene over the Palouse...

Posted by:
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002

by Carol Clarke on Tue May 29, 2018 5:30 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Stunning scene, amazing detail, gorgeous play of light and shadow! A feast for the eyes. Love it!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue May 29, 2018 8:26 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Wonderful clouds in this one, and endlessly interesting shapes and colors in the hills. The light looks so warm and enticing-doesn't look cold!
I wonder about dividing the picture almost in half compositionally, but somehow it doesn't really bother me, I think because of the perspective-you can see waaay far back on the land-that's where my eye goes, and then drifts up into the sky. I feel like I might be in a balloon drifting over this scene. (I wish I were....if it was warm....)!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by E.J. Peiker on Wed May 30, 2018 7:51 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Wonderful clouds in this one, and endlessly interesting shapes and colors in the hills. The light looks so warm and enticing-doesn't look cold!  
I wonder about dividing the picture almost in half compositionally, but somehow it doesn't really bother me, I think because of the perspective-you can see waaay far back on the land-that's where my eye goes, and then drifts up into the sky. I feel like I might be in a balloon drifting over this scene. (I wish I were....if it was warm....)!
I only did that because of the color in the clouds - cutting that off would have changed the picture completely - I have many shots like that too.  It actually is about 55% sky, 45% land.

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed May 30, 2018 8:43 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
E.J. Peiker wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Wonderful clouds in this one, and endlessly interesting shapes and colors in the hills. The light looks so warm and enticing-doesn't look cold!  
I only did that because of the color in the clouds - cutting that off would have changed the picture completely - I have many shots like that too.  It actually is about 55% sky, 45% land.
Yes, I agree totally-the clouds are gorgeous. I would have done the same. So much for the "rules". :P
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

5 posts |