Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:29 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
That's what it says on the roof of this barn when there isn't snow on it. Iconic Vermont winter scene. Please click for a better view.

Nikon D500, 18-80 lens, f/4.5 1/125.iso 1250
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by Carol Clarke on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:23 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I wish more people realised that photos from their home state qualify as travel and culture to the rest of us, whether in another state, county, or country!

Its good to see the different parts of the land we live in, and the various styles and ways of life - and this is a great example, Cindy!  The styles of the houses and barns in your part of the world are so different from my area, and fascinating to see.  :)  

I love your composition, making good use of the different elements, and of course the snow adds the icing on the cake!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:14 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Carol Clarke wrote:I wish more people realised that photos from their home state qualify as travel and culture to the rest of us, whether in another state, county, or country!

Its good to see the different parts of the land we live in, and the various styles and ways of life - and this is a great example, Cindy!  The styles of the houses and barns in your part of the world are so different from my area, and fascinating to see.  :)  

I love your composition, making good use of the different elements, and of course the snow adds the icing on the cake!

Carol.
Hi Carol

Thanks for your thoughts- barns in New England are  everywhere...but they are often falling down or in disrepair- there are now special funds out there to restore some of them, along with attempts to put farmland into perpetual use. Used to be, as the old timers say- "Thars more cows than people in this here Vermont. " (I wish you could hear the accent!). No longer true, sadly. I prefer cows to condos. :)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:29 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:I wish more people realised that photos from their home state qualify as travel and culture to the rest of us, whether in another state, county, or country!

Carol.
Hi Carol

Thanks for your thoughts- barns in New England are  everywhere...but they are often falling down or in disrepair- there are now special funds out there to restore some of them, along with attempts to put farmland into perpetual use. Used to be, as the old timers say- "Thars more cows than people in this here Vermont. " (I wish you could hear the accent!). No longer true, sadly. I prefer cows to condos. :)
I prefer cows to some people............ :D
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Eia on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:47 am
Eia
Forum Contributor
For sure the perfect Christmas card. A very quiet scene with just enough color coming from the building. Very pretty!
~AnnaMaria~

by Ron Day on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:52 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Lovely Vermont winter scene, Cindy! The barn has such character and history, I’m sure. The snow on the foreground tree sets the tone for this beautiful image.

6 posts |