Bluebird paying respects

Posted by Brandon Holden on Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:56 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
On a recent bird photography trip to San Diego, I found myself watching the sunset (and some bluebirds) at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery. I'm not particularly comfortable working in a cemetery, and know we've had some issues locally with bird photographers being disrespectful - but I inevitably found myself wanting to capture the beauty of the area in my standard way (with a bird). 

1/2500, F5.0, ISO 640
1Dx, 600mmF4 (handheld) 
[b]Brandon Holden[/b]
Hamilton, Ontario
[b][u][url]http://www.PeregrinePrints.com[/url][/u][/b]

Posted by:
Brandon Holden
Forum Contributor

by Jens Peermann on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:41 am
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
I like the overall appearance with the blurred background shapes and the soft colors. As far as paying respects is concerned… well, we all know what birds do on takeoff.
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

by david fletcher on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:44 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Jens Peermann wrote:I like the overall appearance with the blurred background shapes and the soft colors. As far as paying respects is concerned… well, we all know what birds do on takeoff.
Jens brought a  smile to my face.   re the image, it is just so up my alley way..  I Like it.  it says so much.  the gravestones in the bg have just enough detail.  Superb story telling.  A difficult thing in graveyards.  A matter of respect and courtesy which this to me have satisfied in every respect.  A very thoughtful and emotional, and sensitive image. 
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by SteveShuey on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:28 pm
SteveShuey
Lifetime Member
Member #:01479
I was just there for two sunrises and saw of few of these but did not have big enough glass. Really like this shot. I also found it a bit uncomfortable but it is a great place to shoot.
Steve Shuey
"Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:20 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
A very lovely and thoughtful mood-love the simplicity of the stones contrasted with the sweet bluebird.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

5 posts |