Over The Edge

Posted by Paul Skoczylas on Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:17 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
Ever been to Vancouver? See how big the Fraser River is there? Well this is a little bit upstream where there's a bit less flow. This isn't a side channel; it shows the entire flow of the river. This was shot a stone's throw from the base of Mount Robson, in the canyon a mile or so below Overlander Falls. The drop is called the Twin Turbines, or the Terminator, depending on who you ask.

The lighting pretty much sucked that day (actually, I don't think it gets much better; this was a beautiful sunny day). I shot several different angles with different lenses. I find drops always look bigger from a low angle (this one sure did!) but this angle, with a wide angle lens (28-80, probably nearer 28mm) gives an interesting perspective, IMHO. (Sensia 100.)

(I've done this drop once myself; I decided only to photograph it on this trip, though, due to an unpleasant incident a few weeks earlier on a different river.)

Comments?

-Paul

Posted by:
Paul Skoczylas
Forum Contributor
Member #:00284

by Harvey Edelman on Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:22 pm
Harvey Edelman
Forum Contributor
A nice action shot with the kayaker(?) in good perspective to the mamoth rapids. You might try cropping out all the dark land on the top and just keeping the water to see if it has a bit more impact.
Harvey Edelman
http://www.harveyedelman.com

by Ken Cravillion on Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:34 pm
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
I agree, crop out the dark stuff and this would be better.
Ken Cravillion

3 posts |