Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:19 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
When I am browsing Naturescapes on my iPad, I frequently get a message about seg.sharethis.com. It says ""Safari can't verify the identity of "seg.sharethis.com". Would you like to continue anyway?""  It offers three options: Cancel, Details and Continue. When I click on "details", it says "not  trusted". I know that my iPad freezes frequently on the site. I can't find out much about this online and it doesn't seem to appear on any other sites I visit. I have cleared cookies, cache, and history many times to no avail. I did read about another persons computer freezing up when this message comes up. It seems to be related to IP address counting or tracking. Does anyone know what it is?

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Carol Clarke on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:54 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Have a look at this Joe, you may have a virus - I don't know if it will help but it might explain the problem you are having:

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/ads-by-sh ... s-removal/

Carol
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:17 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Thanks, Carol. My problem is on an iPad. It seems the info you linked to is for computers only. Usually iPads are not susceptible to things like that, but this one is a new thing to me.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Anthony Medici on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:41 pm
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
Member #:00012
I don't think this is a local problem. I've been getting a warning once a day on the machine I normally browse on. It indicates a certificate issue from Go Daddy. 

If my assumption is correct, this is something that is coming from the site rather than the local machine. If I select cancel, it brings this back up on pretty much every page. If I say continue, it brings me to a blank secure page that I close and I can then continue browsing without issue. 

This started after that certificate expired on the 29th of September...
Tony

Tony

Last edited by Anthony Medici on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Carol Clarke on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:43 pm
Carol Clarke
Ok Joe, it sems to be specific to Safari and I'm not a tech. Guru. :)

I will ask our Tech Experts to have a look and come back to you on this as soon as possible.

Carol
Carol Clarke

NSN0067

by Carol Clarke on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:06 pm
Carol Clarke
Thanks Tony, that's what we got when using Safari, but not Firefox.

I have forwarded the info to the site tech. experts. I know they will respond asap.

Carol
Carol Clarke

NSN0067

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:25 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I always click on "Cancel" and it goes to the regular page. It then appears later when I change topics, images, etc. and then I have to repeat the process. It is unlikely a problem, but just more of an annoyance. Thanks, Carol and Tony.

Joe

by nclements on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:12 pm
nclements
Development Team
Member #:99999
The problem is that the "sharethis.com" site -- one of the sites used by NatureScapes to do the social thing; they provide the "Share" button on many of the pages -- has allowed one of their SSL certificates to expire.

The only thing we can do is stop using them entirely on the site. When this first started happening earlier this week I figured they would have fixed it by now.

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:57 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Thanks for your quick response. Now I know it's on your end. I can work around it for now without worrying.

Joe

by Ron Day on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:35 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
I just wanted to confirm that I am experiencing the same problem as Joe and Tony using Safari.

10 posts |