Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:54 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I notice a new look on the pages and a different font size on the Ipad. The font is way too small for these old eyes. I'm hoping this is only a trial and not permanent. I know I can increase font size, but I prefer not to have to do it every time I'm on the page. Another thing I liked before was that the "Forum" and "Galleries" tabs were more convenient to access when they were on the left side.  A minor nit, I know! Another thing I just noticed is that when I click on "Galleries" and go to one gallery, I have to click on "Galleries" again to go to other galleries.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by nclements on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:23 pm
nclements
Development Team
Member #:99999
The actual site itself hasn't been changed, just the header and the footer to fit in better with the new store (see Tara's announcement here: http://www.naturescapes.net/forums/view ... 4&t=259223).

The issue with the menus is being worked on.

by SantaFeJoe on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:54 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Somehow, the width of the page (column) has been reduced and, thus, the print size is smaller. The column does not reach the sides of the screen. By enlarging the header and footer, it must have changed the column width under the header.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by SantaFeJoe on Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:19 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
To see what I'm talking about, when "Browse Forums" comes up, click on a forum and you will see the width shrink. This happens on the iPad. I don't know if it's the same on a computer.

Joe

by nclements on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:06 pm
nclements
Development Team
Member #:99999
SantaFeJoe wrote:To see what I'm talking about, when "Browse Forums" comes up, click on a forum and you will see the width shrink. This happens on the iPad. I don't know if it's the same on a computer.

Joe

The font issue is due to the partway transition to having a responsive site that will work on different systems automatically. Unfortunately the forums haven't yet been completed (though they're being worked on, promise). To get an idea of how the responsive site should work visit the new store, compare it on a phone, a tablet and a computer. You should even be able to get an idea just by rotating the device (though that's not such a good idea if it's a computer).

The menu issue is now mostly fixed and hopefully will be completed today.

by SantaFeJoe on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:18 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Thanks for your quick response! I'm looking forward to the more responsive changes. One other thing, I still can't post a new topic, reply with a quote or respond to a PM from an iPad. I hope that is something that is being worked on as well. Thanks for all your hard work on keeping things working nicely!

Joe

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:53 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
A new issue. The header on an iPad is now white with white font. The titles are virtually invisible. It's not that way on the computer.

Joe

7 posts |