Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by CactusD on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:57 am
CactusD
Forum Contributor
Location: Ideally, halfway up a Greek mountain, or in the northern British landscape; otherwise, Banbury, UK
May I enquire if there are plans to standardize the image sizing regulations across galleries and portfolios? 
As a paying member I upload at 1200 wide or 1024 high in the galleries, and would like to do so similarly in my portfolio.
Thanks,
D
I posted the above in a thread in the Photography discussions forum but didn't receive a reply.  Is there a plan to harmonize image sizing across galleries and portfolio?
Thanks,
Dave 
"The Sun is God."  J. M. W. Turner

Large Format Photography Website

by CactusD on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:28 am
CactusD
Forum Contributor
Location: Ideally, halfway up a Greek mountain, or in the northern British landscape; otherwise, Banbury, UK
Well, I've uploaded some images to my portfolio at the reduced size now, but it would be nice to have a reply re. any plans in the offing for the portfolios section.

by Royce Howland on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:29 am
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
I have forwarded the question to Greg Downing, as he's the only one who can really speak to it...
Royce Howland

by CactusD on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:03 pm
CactusD
Forum Contributor
Many thanks: all the hard work on this site is very much appreciated!

by Greg Downing on Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:32 pm
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
I tried to post a reply yesterday but the connection here in Brazil is dismal. Basically we are going to be re-vamping the entire section of the site. The software is old and so deeply customized that it is outdated and no longer up datable to modern standards. If it's easy enough to at least increase the file size we will do that but dimensions is another can of worms. I have to estimated date for a revamp but it would be a fairly major project.
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by CactusD on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:18 pm
CactusD
Forum Contributor
Greg Downing wrote:I tried to post a reply yesterday but the connection here in Brazil is dismal. Basically we are going to be re-vamping the entire section of the site. The software is old and so deeply customized that it is outdated and no longer up datable to modern standards. If it's easy enough to at least increase the file size we will do that but dimensions is another can of worms. I have to estimated date for a revamp but it would be a fairly major project.

No problem, thanks for the reply.  Whenever you're ready; it's still useable (just about) as is.
Stuck in the UK, a dodgy connection from Brazil sounds pretty cool from where I'm sitting, even with fibre-optic broadband!

6 posts |